+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC work experience

euterpe

Sep 10, 2018
Hi :)

Please there is someone who can help me with a question?
I am an international student and I'm studying international business management for 8 months in a public college, I'll be graduate next month, I was hoping to work as a barber (my main field) which is noc B, after my graduation. I was wondering if this work experience will count for CEC.. Plus I have 9 months of full time canadian experience as a barber under my WH visa betweenn 2015 and 2016. So I was counting if I work as a barber with my PGWP only 3 or 4 months I'll be able to apply for PR?
Cheers!

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
If it's NOC B, it will be eligible. Canadian work experience doesn't need to be continuous, and as long as you're on a Worker status in Canada (which you were due to your WH visa) you can include these 9 months as experience.

So yes, you will be able to apply after obtaining 3 more months of work experience. Keep in mind though that you will need a employment reference letter for both jobs.

Reactions: euterpe

euterpe

Sep 10, 2018
If it's NOC B, it will be eligible. Canadian work experience doesn't need to be continuous, and as long as you're on a Worker status in Canada (which you were due to your WH visa) you can include these 9 months as experience.

So yes, you will be able to apply after obtaining 3 more months of work experience. Keep in mind though that you will need a employment reference letter for both jobs.

Diya_17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have a quick question: duties and responsibilities of latest job has to be provided or all jobs?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi :)

Please there is someone who can help me with a question?
I am an international student and I'm studying international business management for 8 months in a public college, I'll be graduate next month, I was hoping to work as a barber (my main field) which is noc B, after my graduation. I was wondering if this work experience will count for CEC.. Plus I have 9 months of full time canadian experience as a barber under my WH visa betweenn 2015 and 2016. So I was counting if I work as a barber with my PGWP only 3 or 4 months I'll be able to apply for PR?
Ummm... maybe, would need exact dates. Keep in mind for the one year of eligible experience, the experience CANNOT be older than 3 years at the time you submit a complete application, and it expires on a rolling basis... Experience from January 01 - Sept 10, 2015 has already "expired" so to speak. By the time you get 3-4 months of experience on a PGWP, all of your experience from 2015 and likely some of 2016 will also have expired, so you may need to work longer on your PGWP... and the longer you work, the more your old experience will "expire..."