+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC with spouse living outside of Canada

mindfreaak

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hello there, I am currently working temporarily in Canada, and I will be applying soon for EE under CEC program!
I am planning to get married by next month (just one month before my application)!

my questions are :
Q1 - Is this process possible since she doesn't have any experience in Canada?
Q2- If the answer to Q1 is YES, will that affect anything in my application? (fees, processing time etc..) ?
Q2- Will they ask for proof of funds, although I have a work permit and I am currently working?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello there, I am currently working temporarily in Canada, and I will be applying soon for EE under CEC program!
I am planning to get married by next month (just one month before my application)!

my questions are :
Q1 - Is this process possible since she doesn't have any experience in Canada?
Q2- If the answer to Q1 is YES, will that affect anything in my application? (fees, processing time etc..) ?
Q2- Will they ask for proof of funds, although I have a work permit and I am currently working?
1. Why not, as long as you have marriage certificate to prove you can apply as a family. She should attempt languge test and get the ECA for education as this would provide you additional points work experience for your spouse will not add points if it’s not in Canada
2. You will have to include the application and rprf fee for her as well. No one can say processing if processing will be fast or slow.
3 as long as you are qualified as a CeC PoF will not be required

Reactions: mindfreaak

mindfreaak

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
1. Why not, as long as you have marriage certificate to prove you can apply as a family. She should attempt languge test and get the ECA for education as this would provide you additional points work experience for your spouse will not add points if it’s not in Canada
2. You will have to include the application and rprf fee for her as well. No one can say processing if processing will be fast or slow.
3 as long as you are qualified as a CeC PoF will not be required
Thank you for for your quick response

Ola..

Feb 1, 2019
I have also added spouse to my application.
I applied myself early december 2018, then got married weeks later. I was hopping to get the express entry invitation after my marriage but I got it earlier and the deadline to submit my application was before my wedding date so I had to apply as a single. In January 2019 I informed CIC of my marital status change and uploaded the marriage certificate through the web form.
Few weeks later they messaged me through my account telling me to pay the fees for my spouse and to upload the receipt which I did. Now am waiting to see what's next.
Anyone been in this kind of scenario, what will be the next steps??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I have also added spouse to my application.
I applied myself early december 2018, then got married weeks later. I was hopping to get the express entry invitation after my marriage but I got it earlier and the deadline to submit my application was before my wedding date so I had to apply as a single. In January 2019 I informed CIC of my marital status change and uploaded the marriage certificate through the web form.
Few weeks later they messaged me through my account telling me to pay the fees for my spouse and to upload the receipt which I did. Now am waiting to see what's next.
Anyone been in this kind of scenario, what will be the next steps??
You will need PCCs for your spouse, as well as the medical exam. She will also need to fill out all the forms required for spouses and provide supporting documentation.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

Reactions: Ola..