+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC September 2018 Applicants

hannahacls88

Oct 17, 2018
Hi guys,

So I thought I'd go ahead and create this thread now. I have been reading other threads however I have found certain things a little confusing. I received my AOR on September 17, 2018, and received an update on October 12, 2018. So my profile is currently the below. I'm not really sure what stage this is at, but it'd be nice to share experiences with others.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

mattybuns

Sep 21, 2018
Hi,

Basically you're at the stage that usually takes the longest, the dreaded Review of Eligibility. oooooOOOoOoOOOOoooo

At this point it is probably good to wait a couple of weeks and then order GCMS notes (which you will receive 30 days later) to check that everything is fine. These will show you the notes from the analyst, with their recommendation for the agent, and will allow you to check if some information is missing in your documents:
  • If in those notes the eligibility is "Recommended Pass", then everything is fine and your file will very likely get processed under six months
  • If it's "Review Required" like me, then you'll have to be more patient, and should probably be proactive and raise a CSE (case specific enquiry) to clarify the doubts that the analyst may have, and send additional documents if needed.
I hope that clarifies the road ahead, and good luck with your application

hannahacls88

Oct 17, 2018
Hi,

Basically you're at the stage that usually takes the longest, the dreaded Review of Eligibility. oooooOOOoOoOOOOoooo

At this point it is probably good to wait a couple of weeks and then order GCMS notes (which you will receive 30 days later) to check that everything is fine. These will show you the notes from the analyst, with their recommendation for the agent, and will allow you to check if some information is missing in your documents:
  • If in those notes the eligibility is "Recommended Pass", then everything is fine and your file will very likely get processed under six months
  • If it's "Review Required" like me, then you'll have to be more patient, and should probably be proactive and raise a CSE (case specific enquiry) to clarify the doubts that the analyst may have, and send additional documents if needed.
I hope that clarifies the road ahead, and good luck with your application
Yes this does help me a lot, thanks so much :) Regarding "Review Required" do you know what has caused the analyst to put that on your file? If you don't mind me asking.

mattybuns

Sep 21, 2018
I did not include the list of duties that I performed during my work in Canada. When I discovered that through the GCMS notes, I submitted a document describing these duties via the webform. Hopefully this will help when my eligibility gets reviewed by an agent.

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi guys,

So I thought I'd go ahead and create this thread now. I have been reading other threads however I have found certain things a little confusing. I received my AOR on September 17, 2018, and received an update on October 12, 2018. So my profile is currently the below. I'm not really sure what stage this is at, but it'd be nice to share experiences with others.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

hey what's your status did you get a PPR

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
am i the only lonely CEC candidate?! from september 2018 expecting a PPR :(
No you are not. I too am in the same position. last update April 25th: IP2 I presume. They showed my uploaded documents as being reviewed and also my background check being processed. Just have to wait and hope PPR is soon. Requested GCMS notes March 21. Still waiting to receive it.

Reactions: vis14ndreamz

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
am i the only lonely CEC candidate?! from september 2018 expecting a PPR :(
No you are not.
App submitted Sept 2018.
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Medical Passed.
No Biometeics required.
No interview required.
Additional docs provided being reviewed (previous marriage divorce certificate).
we are processing your background check.
Recent IRCC call: Response was criminality passed security not yet started. Also they can't pursue my app from CIC call center unless it goes past September 2019. Then call center will get involved.
Ordered GCMS notes 61 days now.
Still waiting.
Ordered 2nd set of GCMS notes 2 days ago.
I know the result will be positive, but it doesn't make the wait anymore bearable.

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
No you are not.
App submitted Sept 2018.
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Medical Passed.
No Biometeics required.
No interview required.
Additional docs provided being reviewed (previous marriage divorce certificate).
we are processing your background check.
Recent IRCC call: Response was criminality passed security not yet started. Also they can't pursue my app from CIC call center unless it goes past September 2019. Then call center will get involved.
Ordered GCMS notes 61 days now.
Still waiting.
Ordered 2nd set of GCMS notes 2 days ago.
I know the result will be positive, but it doesn't make the wait anymore bearable.
Hi, I know exactly how you feeling now. What you mean by September 2019. Are you a CEC inland applicant. Did they ask you for any additional documents for the review required. I’m currently running short on my work permit which will expire this August. Wish we all had a positive response.

DMyrie

Star Member
May 8, 2019
Hi, I know exactly how you feeling now. What you mean by September 2019. Are you a CEC inland applicant. Did they ask you for any additional documents for the review required. I’m currently running short on my work permit which will expire this August. Wish we all had a positive response.
Yes, CEC inland. September 2019 will make 1 year after app submission. CIC call center said that if PR not issued by then they will be able to do more for me than just give the online status Yes they asked me to upload my divorce certificate from previous marriage.
Why don't you apply for a bridging work permit, before your work permit expires? You should do so now to give yourself enough time for processing. Remember to include your AOR.

Last edited:

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Yes, CEC inland. September 2019 will make 1 year after app submission. CIC call center said that if PR not issued by then they will be able to do more for me than just give the online status Yes they asked me to upload my divorce certificate from previous marriage.
Why don't you apply for a bridging work permit, before your work permit expires? You should do so now to give yourself enough time for processing. Remember to include your AOR.
I have to apply for bridging WP but I’m scared. Because I learned that you need to have a positive eligibility assessment in order to get the WP approved. My eligibility is still under review. When I called cic last times they said that I have met the eligibility. But my gcms doesn’t show that. Don’t know whether they gave me a wrong info. I wish you good luck with your application