+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC questions?

Nov 4, 2009
First of all I was wondering if I would be ok if apply for CEC as temporary worker with
1 year and 9 months of full time work with and average of 44 hours per week not counting overtime.
(i did the add and per year will be 2228 hours and if divided that in 12 per 9 will be 1716 hours meaning i have 4004 hours of full time work, and as you know the required will be 3900) Will I be ok ?
If yes, How should I expalined this in my application?

Also I should mention that i studied in canada back in 2004 a one year diploma in my current career will this help?

Second, I'm wonder where i can get my t4 slips ?

what if my police records is dated back on march 2009 in my country but if I came back to canada right after I received it, obviously I haven't commit any crime in my country, will they be smart enough to realize that?

Also I'm currently living in Montreal with a work permit valid until nov 2010 for a company in toronto , but since they laid me off i moved here ,
will I have any kind of problems if i put mail and residential address in Quebec?

of course Im relocating right after getting my PR.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
# of hours can be explained by the tax documents plus the pay stubs.You are right its not number of years of experience it is basically
calculated by number or hours you worked / number of hours one can work in a year = number of years of experience .

One year of studies does not help you in points.but its better to include it in application.

T4 slips is the responsibility of the employer , its law , you just call them and its their job to and their problem they will make arrangements to send u.

They would not be able to figure out that . the only reason is that they dont get information from all the countries.US does.If its not a stamp on ur passport or immigraiton office in your country does not know it then no chance.... I hope i understood ur question right.

Nops that would not be a problem, you can put that as ur permenant address.and dont write temp address.
Thanks
o

Nov 4, 2009
So I think ill be ok as i mention i did a lot of work for this company sometimes more than 44 hours a week and well i should be ok.

anyway as far as putting my permanent address in Montreal for mailing and residing purposes, are you completely sure ill be ok?

Thanks again

qamalik729 said:
# of hours can be explained by the tax documents plus the pay stubs.You are right its not number of years of experience it is basically
calculated by number or hours you worked / number of hours one can work in a year = number of years of experience .

One year of studies does not help you in points.but its better to include it in application.

T4 slips is the responsibility of the employer , its law , you just call them and its their job to and their problem they will make arrangements to send u.

They would not be able to figure out that . the only reason is that they dont get information from all the countries.US does.If its not a stamp on ur passport or immigraiton office in your country does not know it then no chance.... I hope i understood ur question right.

Nops that would not be a problem, you can put that as ur permenant address.and dont write temp address.
Thanks
o

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
no more paperwork said:
First of all I was wondering if I would be ok if apply for CEC as temporary worker with
1 year and 9 months of full time work with and average of 44 hours per week not counting overtime.
(i did the add and per year will be 2228 hours and if divided that in 12 per 9 will be 1716 hours meaning i have 4004 hours of full time work, and as you know the required will be 3900) Will I be ok ?

No. It has to be 2 years. 37.5 hours per week or 1,950 hours per year are the minimum to qualify, but if you work more hours, you cannot "speed up" the two years.

Also I should mention that i studied in canada back in 2004 a one year diploma in my current career will this help?

On IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 8, you need to report your education in Canada. It will neither help nor hurt your application.

You should have one from the previous year. If you don't, you have to ask your employer for copies.

what if my police records is dated back on march 2009 in my country but if I came back to canada right after I received it, obviously I haven't commit any crime in my country, will they be smart enough to realize that?

If you read the instructions, you will see that police certificates cannot be older than 3 months at the time you submit the application. It's not a matter of THEM being smart... :)

Also I'm currently living in Montreal with a work permit valid until nov 2010 for a company in toronto , but since they laid me off i moved here ,
will I have any kind of problems if i put mail and residential address in Quebec?

You should be OK as long as the place where you intend to reside is NOT Quebec, and IF you are legally residing in Quebec. Of course you cannot make up the rest of the 2 years working in Quebec without a permit from Quebec...?
Best of luck finding a new job!

Nov 4, 2009
thanks

jes_ON said:
no more paperwork said:

No. It has to be 2 years. 37.5 hours per week or 1,950 hours per year are the minimum to qualify, but if you work more hours, you cannot "speed up" the two years.

On IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 8, you need to report your education in Canada. It will neither help nor hurt your application.

You should have one from the previous year. If you don't, you have to ask your employer for copies.

If you read the instructions, you will see that police certificates cannot be older than 3 months at the time you submit the application. It's not a matter of THEM being smart... :)

You should be OK as long as the place where you intend to reside is NOT Quebec, and IF you are legally residing in Quebec. Of course you cannot make up the rest of the 2 years working in Quebec without a permit from Quebec...?
Best of luck finding a new job!