+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Proof of Funds

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi There,

I am currently working under PG-OWP and planning to apply for PR under CEC category, but I don't have enough funds to show.

Is it mandatory even for CEC Applicants to show Proof of Funds ? or is there a way to bypass this.

Please advise.

ssudarjothi

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada_pr_wanted said:
Hi There,

I am currently working under PG-OWP and planning to apply for PR under CEC category, but I don't have enough funds to show.

Is it mandatory even for CEC Applicants to show Proof of Funds ? or is there a way to bypass this.

Please advise.

Yes proof of funds is required for everyone unless you hav a valid job offer in Canada...

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:
Stop giving wrong information.
if you are applying under CEC, you don't require proof of funds. period.
Hi Doobie, Thanks for the reply,

Are you sure we dont need to produce any statement of funds ? is there anything relating to this posted on CIC website saying CEC applicant doesnt need to show any proof ...

Please let me know , coz I want to be sure before I apply.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
canada_pr_wanted said:
Hi Doobie, Thanks for the reply,

Are you sure we dont need to produce any statement of funds ? is there anything relating to this posted on CIC website saying CEC applicant doesnt need to show any proof ...

Please let me know , coz I want to be sure before I apply.
google cic express entry cec . the first link will take you to the elgibility for CEC. And yes there is no pof required for CEC.
Minimum requirements
You must:

•have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
•have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization,
•meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing and listening),
•plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (for example, on a co-op work term) does not count under this program.

Note: The province of Quebec does not use Express Entry. They select their own skilled workers. See Quebec-selected skilled workers to find out more.

Skilled work experience
To be considered for the Canadian Experience Class, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

•Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
•Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
•Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Your experience must be at least 12 months of full-time (30 hours of paid work per week or more) or an equal amount in part-time hours.

Full Time
30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1560 hours)

Part time
15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1560 hours)
OR
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you do not show that your experience meets the description in the NOC, we will not accept your application.

Find out the NOC code, title and skill type or level for your job.

If your existing work permit is about to expire you may be eligible for a bridging open work permit. Bridging open work permits allow qualified applicants to keep working while they await a final decision on their permanent residence application.
Education
There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

•a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree, or
•an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by an agency approved by CIC to show your education is equal to Canadian education standards.
Language ability
You must:

•meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs OR Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs, and
•take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing.
You must show that you meet the requirements in English or French by including the test results when you complete your Express Entry profile. Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply for permanent residence or you will need to retake the tests.

Principal applicant
If you are married or live with a common-law foreign national partner in Canada, and that person also meets the above conditions, you can decide which one of you will apply under Express Entry as the principal (main) applicant.

A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

Check to see which one of you is most likely to be found eligible. That person should apply as the principal applicant.

Other requirements
•You must be admissible to Canada. Find out more about inadmissibility.
•You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
If you have skilled work experience and want to live in Canada permanently, use our Come to Canada tool to see if you are eligible for the Express Entry pool.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_pr_wanted said:
Hi There,

Please advise.
When you fill out your EE form, put 0 in available funds. That way you won't be asked for proof of funds.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
dobes said:
When you fill out your EE form, put 0 in available funds. That way you won't be asked for proof of funds.
dobes!!
I like how you are propogating "put 0" in the pof section.
Good work brah!

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:

I created the EE Profle as you suggested (with funds as 0), but I got the message saying my profile is ineligible

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for PR (got ITA in Mar) under CEC. I put in 2000CAD as funds and was eligible for CEC. Before when I had put 15000CAD I was eligible for both CEC and FSW (I reduced it to 2000 to be eligible for CEC only). After getting ITA, in my PR application I was asked to prove 2000CAD.

Reactions: pls-answer

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_pr_wanted said:
Hi There,

Please advise.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada (It's Valid LMO / LMIA)
AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada. I think you only have open work permit and you belongs to this category.

so I would suggest you to call cic agent and ask for suggestion and apply.

I feel you need to show POF... thats what I understood by CIC website.

Since you have 1 yr exp you will be by default will be eligible for CEC .....

but if it comes to POF which is mandatory constraint when it comes to open work permit. try to get LMO /LMIA then there is no need for you to show POF..

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
krishna19 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada (It's Valid LMO / LMIA)
AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada. I think you only have open work permit and you belongs to this category.

so I would suggest you to call cic agent and ask for suggestion and apply.

I feel you need to show POF... thats what I understood by CIC website.

Since you have 1 yr exp you will be by default will be eligible for CEC .....

but if it comes to POF which is mandatory constraint when it comes to open work permit. try to get LMO /LMIA then there is no need for you to show POF..
CIC ain't a bible or quran that it is open to interpretation. CEC no funds. FSW funds required.
Vaild offer is not pgwp jobs which are lmia exempt. Valid offer means jobs which are backed by LMIA.
You are welcome!

mrpoghz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hi all,

I have 1 year Canadian work experience but I answered No to job offer, Yes to "are you currently working in Canada, with work permit", and declared like $4000 on the proof of funds? Will this automatically make me qualify for CEC and ineligible for FSW?
Is it still safe to change the funds to zero so we can qualify on CEC alone? Should it really be zero or any amount below the 12000?
How long will our online profile be updated to reflect FSW as Not Met? Because I updated proof of funds from 14000 to 4000 yesterday night that and today it still reflects as Met for both CEC and FSW.
If I claim points for foreign work experience, will it automatically consider me under FSW, even I declare zero or below minimum proof of fund?
Your help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_pr_wanted said:
I created the EE Profle as you suggested (with funds as 0), but I got the message saying my profile is ineligible
Were you able to figure out, why your application was marked ineligible?

CIC Website says:
Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.