+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Proof of funds when landing

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hello,

Even though i did not have to shows POF when applying for my PR, do i have to show POF when i land in Canada? I am a CEC outland applicant now.

Thanks!

kapilbassan

May 18, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
I have the same question.
I am assuming some funds are required anyway to sustain initial days so POF will be required.
If somone already has funds in canada available like canadian bank account, do we still need to carry funds and does it need to be reported.

abz1109

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Do i have to show the immigration officer when i land proof of funds in my bank account? Does this have to be a certain amount? As i am CEC i was unsure as i did not have to show POF when i applied.

Don Quixote

Mar 16, 2017
also I didn't show the POF Since I was a CEC applicant, and now waiting for my passport to be returned from VAC. Wondering, would having less than 4 grands in my bank account prevent me from entering to Canada? Still surfing on the internet and couldn't find the answer

mamiojo

Mar 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Does anybody know the answer for this? We can declare 0 funds cause CEC doesn't require proof, as per CIC website. Then no need to prove anything when landing either?

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi. I built my EE profile, indicating I am married. It means that I have 1 family member to show. As I am focused on CEC stream I indicated $0 net worth.
My EE profile is not eligible now, no points awarded.
Is that a mistake to show zero with extra family members? My wife is not coming with me to Canada now, maybe later.
https://ibb.co/dhmmDG

Niha23

Nov 27, 2017
Hi
I am a CEC outland applicant as well in a tricky situation, i was working in canada while my PNP ontario was under process in 2016, the PNP process took so long that my work permit expired and i had to move to USA as i did not receive an ITA or PNP. My work place kept my Job for 6months after i left the country during which time i got my ITA and applied for my PR application. While my PR was under processing my work place told me that they no longer can hold my position so they sent me a letter of termination.
So my question is do i need to have a job offer on hand and POF when landing?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I am a CEC outland applicant as well in a tricky situation, i was working in canada while my PNP ontario was under process in 2016, the PNP process took so long that my work permit expired and i had to move to USA as i did not receive an ITA or PNP. My work place kept my Job for 6months after i left the country during which time i got my ITA and applied for my PR application. While my PR was under processing my work place told me that they no longer can hold my position so they sent me a letter of termination.
So my question is do i need to have a job offer on hand and POF when landing?
No.