+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC profile - Work Experience points missing

Aug 7, 2016
Hello,
I'm planning to apply for CEC express entry. Last month when I calculate my socre using CRS tool it was 443 but after creating profile on CIC website the approved points are just 430 and after comparing the points I found that I didn't get 13 points for Canadian and Foreign work experience. How can I get them.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Can you push your score up e.g. through a new and higher IELTS score etc., may that will take you close to the cut off these days of 441

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes I will try.
one more question. Can I get points for my wife's foreign work experience. She is dependent applicant. She has 2 yrs of exp in India in NOC B category.
I was checking the link, as you would do, Spouse can add to your points in 3 ways:
1. Spouse level of education... Max points 10
2. Spouse Language Proficiency... Max points 20
3. Spouse Canadian Work Experience.. Max points 10

So I am afraid her work experience back home(which needs to be mentioned still in the application) will not help you to increase your points.
Realistically speaking increased Language test score for you and your wife will be best bet for adding more points.

Aug 7, 2016
I was checking the link, as you would do, Spouse can add to your points in 3 ways:
1. Spouse level of education... Max points 10
2. Spouse Language Proficiency... Max points 20
3. Spouse Canadian Work Experience.. Max points 10

So I am afraid her work experience back home(which needs to be mentioned still in the application) will not help you to increase your points.
Realistically speaking increased Language test score for you and your wife will be best bet for adding more points.
Actually she just got a job offer for permanent position in NOC B which just started this month can we get points forthat as rest of her experience in Canada is in Noc C

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Actually she just got a job offer for permanent position in NOC B which just started this month can we get points forthat as rest of her experience in Canada is in Noc C
As I refer the link, she can claim points if her Canadian work experience is 1 year and above.
As she started this month, it will not help you to claim the points for this work. In my honest opinion(I maybe wrong as well), NOC classification does not apply for Work Experience.

NOC only applies if you claiming points against a Arranged employment – NOC 0, A or B(not applicable to Open Work Permits). Here also you have to fulfill additional criteria's : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html

Aug 7, 2016
As I refer the link, she can claim points if her Canadian work experience is 1 year and above.
As she started this month, it will not help you to claim the points for this work. In my honest opinion(I maybe wrong as well), NOC classification does not apply for Work Experience.

NOC only applies if you claiming points against a Arranged employment – NOC 0, A or B(not applicable to Open Work Permits). Here also you have to fulfill additional criteria's : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html
but in express entry profile it asks how much years of work experience in canada does your spouse have in NOC ),A or B. And her experience in Canada is for NOC C

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
but in express entry profile it asks how much years of work experience in canada does your spouse have in NOC ),A or B. And her experience in Canada is for NOC C
Okay in mycase the application was completed by my lawyer hence I will not know that(that's why I wrote I maybe wrong). you should consult a lawyer or search for more topics here on the forum.