+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Eligibility

ra_di07

Nov 30, 2017
Hello All,

Can you please suggest me if I qualify for CEC category if I have worked in Canada for 3 years (2013 to 2016) in WP but after that left Canada and currently working outside Canada. I worked in same skills NOC (2173) as I am applying for my express entry.

If yes, can you please suggest where i can opt this CEC option in EE profile as I did not see any such option while creating a profile. Thanks for your help and time.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello All,

Can you please suggest me if I qualify for CEC category if I have worked in Canada for 3 years (2013 to 2016) in WP but after that left Canada and currently working outside Canada. I worked in same skills NOC (2173) as I am applying for my express entry.

If yes, can you please suggest where i can opt this CEC option in EE profile as I did not see any such option while creating a profile. Thanks for your help and time.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Assessing work experience - Applications received on or after January 2, 2013
Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)].

You appear to be ineligible for CEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: ra_di07

ra_di07

Nov 30, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Assessing work experience - Applications received on or after January 2, 2013
Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)].

You appear to be ineligible for CEC.
Thanks Zardoz..!!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You are not eligible since at least 12 of the last 36 months (when the application is submitted), you should had been working in Canada.

There is no checkbox to chose CEC, the system will assess whether you are eligible for any Economic Program based on the answers of your profile and you will know to which programs you are eligible once your profile is submitted or updated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can put your wife as non-accompanying and sponsor her once you land which will take approximately a year. We have recently seen cases where the spouse actually being non-accompanying is challenged. Given that your wife is not living in her home country it may be very difficult to prove that she will not accompany you to Canada. Yes technically she could use her TRV to enter Canada while being sponsored.

Reactions: ra_di07