+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Apply as APPRENTICE

ANOOP1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
HELLO THERE

I AM INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ON PGWP. I WANT TO ASK IF I AM WORKING AS APPRENTICE SOMEWHERE THAT COMES UNDER NOC B , IS IT POSSIBLE THAT WE CAN APPLY UNDER CEC? IS THE APPRENTICE JOB CONSIDERED UNDER CEC?

THANKS

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
HI THERE ,

WRITING IN CAPS IS FUN. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION(in caps), YES WORKING AS APPRENTICE WOULD BE CONSIDERED UNDER CEC AS LONG AS IT IS A MINIMUM OF 30 HOURS OF 'PAID' WORK PER WEEK ON A PGWP AND UNDER NOC 0,A & B.

source: i called cic before on this issue and they seem to have no problem with that. neither have I read anywhere on their manuals and OP mentioning that it's not allowed. Only rule is that apprenticeship experience does not count while on a study permit.(but that's not in your case).

Edit: Again I might be wrong. wait for others to confirm

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kvn said:
HI THERE ,

WRITING IN CAPS IS FUN. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION(in caps), YES WORKING AS APPRENTICE WOULD BE CONSIDERED UNDER CEC AS LONG AS IT IS A MINIMUM OF 30 HOURS OF 'PAID' WORK PER WEEK ON A PGWP AND UNDER NOC 0,A & B.

source: i called cic before on this issue and they seem to have no problem with that. neither have I read anywhere on their manuals and OP mentioning that it's not allowed. Only rule is that apprenticeship experience does not count while on a study permit.(but that's not in your case).

Edit: Again I might be wrong. wait for others to confirm
The problem will be that to be a registered apprentice in most provinces requires you to be either a PR or Citizen.

ANOOP1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Has anyone applied under CEC working as apprentice? Please share your experience.
Thanks.

joelkhor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
ANOOP1, what trade are you an apprentice in? I'm also an apprentice, in the automotive trade and will be applying soon.

I've checked the HRSDC site and apprentices are classified under the same NOC as a fully licensed tradesperson. Also, I have a friend that got his PR and he applied as an apprentice. So it shouldn't be a problem.

ANOOP1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Hello Joelkhor
I am looking for apprentice in Industrial Mechanic/Millwright trade. I just wanna make sure that it comes under CEC . I want to ask you some questions
1. Are you on PGWP?
2. Do we have to be PR or Citizen to get Apprentice?

Thanks.

joelkhor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2014
ANOOP1 said:
Hello Joelkhor
I am looking for apprentice in Industrial Mechanic/Millwright trade. I just wanna make sure that it comes under CEC . I want to ask you some questions
1. Are you on PGWP?
2. Do we have to be PR or Citizen to get Apprentice?

Thanks.
Hi ANOOP1,

Yes I'm on PGWP.
No we don't have to be PR/citizen to be a registered apprentice. I am a registered apprentice.

Reactions: khoicoma

ANOOP1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
hello there
can u plz give me ur contact information. I need to talk to you about this.
Thank you.

Bhupinderalgon

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
I’m working as an automotive apprentice. Does my experience count as valid skilled work experience ? Can anybody tell me