+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC and Trade certification

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am presently working as an electrician(7241) for over one year on Lima based work permit and eligible for CEC. I have obtained ITA trade certification as an Industrial Electrician(7242) as my previous foreign work experience was as marine Electrician for over 3 years, which falls under(7242). my questions are:

1) Can I obtain points for foreign work experience under different NOC than my primary occupation in Canada. The system calculates points when I create EE profile, but would officer consider the same..?

2.)As for the question "When did u become qualified for this job",would it be OK if I enter my Industrial Electrician trade certificate(7242) for my primary occupation of Electrician(7241), or should I wait for my Construction Electrician(7241) certificate. Or can I enter my graduation date of diploma in electrical eng.
I am waiting for an exam date booking for the Construction electrician(7241) but my Ielts are going to expire soon in march, so should I take a chance with existing certificate.

3.) As per my knowledge and NOC code 7241, trade certification is voluntary and not mandatory in British Columbia, where I am working and trying to settle, so my 1 year experience should be valid from the start date of my employment as on work permit even if I obtained the trade certificate on a later date or even not obtained it.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone,
I am presently working as an electrician(7241) for over one year on Lima based work permit and eligible for CEC. I have obtained ITA trade certification as an Industrial Electrician(7242) as my previous foreign work experience was as marine Electrician for over 3 years, which falls under(7242). my questions are:

1) Can I obtain points for foreign work experience under different NOC than my primary occupation in Canada. The system calculates points when I create EE profile, but would officer consider the same..?

Yes

2.)As for the question "When did u become qualified for this job",would it be OK if I enter my Industrial Electrician trade certificate(7242) for my primary occupation of Electrician(7241), or should I wait for my Construction Electrician(7241) certificate. Or can I enter my graduation date of diploma in electrical eng.

If certification is not mandatory, you can enter your graduation date for your diploma.

3.) As per my knowledge and NOC code 7241, trade certification is voluntary and not mandatory in British Columbia, where I am working and trying to settle, so my 1 year experience should be valid from the start date of my employment as on work permit even if I obtained the trade certificate on a later date or even not obtained it.

That is correct, almost. Your start date is your first day of work, regardless of the date the work permit is issued, as long as you had the work permit first).

Reactions: nijjar123

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Thanks a lot....
One more thing, as we know there are 50 points for trade certification(certificate of qualification from province). Should it be for the same Noc as primary occupation to claim points or we will still get the points even if it is for different noc.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thanks a lot....
One more thing, as we know there are 50 points for trade certification(certificate of qualification from province). Should it be for the same Noc as primary occupation to claim points or we will still get the points even if it is for different noc.
If the certification is from a provincial college of trades, then you can use it.

Jan 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am waiting for an exam date booking for the Construction electrician(7241) but my Ielts are going to expire soon in march, so should I take a chance with existing certificate.

3.) As per my knowledge and NOC code 7241, trade certification is voluntary and not mandatory in British Columbia, where I am working and trying to settle, so my 1 year experience should be valid from the start date of my employment as on work permit even if I obtained the trade certificate on a later date or even not obtained it. mykfcexperience
Should it be for the same Noc as primary occupation to claim points or we will still get the points even if it is for different noc.