+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Career change and how to get started?

chaozcho

Sep 28, 2020
Hey ya'll,

I am an approved PR and haven't landed yet. I am currently working in the US. I want to find a job in the AutoCAD drafting in Canada, which is quite a career change from my background. Most of the jobs I saw requires a diploma or a certificate. Where to obtain a diploma/certificate?

Apparently, attending some post-secondary programs or even get a master would work. But I don't want to invest more than one year's time in going to school. And there are so many educational institutions in Canada. Are they all credible when it comes to job applications? Ideally, I would prefer a part-time online program as long as it meets the job requirement.

last, would it matter if I obtain a certificate on AutoCAD in the US ?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
US credentials are generally recognized in Canada. Any public college in the city you choose to settle in (Vancouver Community College, Bow Valley College, Red River College, George Brown College, etc.) would also be fine. They should all offer AutoCAD classes.

chaozcho

Sep 28, 2020
Have you determined if there is a need for AutoCAD drafters in Canada?
Well, not much, but there is always some opportunities. It's definately not like in IT tho. To me, it's more about what I am interested and wanted to do with my life.

spudwick9

Oct 9, 2020
US credentials are generally recognized in Canada. Any public college in the city you choose to settle in (Vancouver Community College, Bow Valley College, Red River College, George Brown College, etc.) would also be fine. They should all offer AutoCAD classes.
Hi, can you state some good public colleges in toronto for a post graduate diploma course (in IT programming) for one year duration, I had prior experience into sales and then into software testing.