+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ (international student visa) to bring family

A.a.Z

Jul 29, 2017
Hi all,

I don't seem to find a clear answer online: I am planning to come to Montreal to study (MCIT college) in May next year but i cant figure out what is the process to bring my family with me (wife + 2 kids). It seems that my wife will be able to work full time and my children entitled to full education and they will all have a visa for the same duration as my student visa.
However, there is no clarity on how to start the process: do I apply for my family in the same time as my student visa or do i need to do it once i arrive in Montreal?

Any help/advice/link will be appreciated

Thanks

Reactions: sameh1440

sameh1440

Sep 12, 2019
Hi all,

I don't seem to find a clear answer online: I am planning to come to Montreal to study (MCIT college) in May next year but i cant figure out what is the process to bring my family with me (wife + 2 kids). It seems that my wife will be able to work full time and my children entitled to full education and they will all have a visa for the same duration as my student visa.
However, there is no clarity on how to start the process: do I apply for my family in the same time as my student visa or do i need to do it once i arrive in Montreal?

Thanks
I have the same situation. Can you please share your experience?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Families of international students are not guaranteed a permit or visa. You can apply for a student permit first and if accepted your spouse can apply for an OWP and your child can apply for a TRV. The other option is to apply for a study permit and the OWP and TRV all together. That tends to slow down how long you will hear if you get the study permit. Would personally suggest trying to see if you get a study permit first.

Reactions: AskBD

Hassainali

Dec 3, 2019
Hi all,

Thanks
Have you received your caq .? Did u mention about wife and kid accompanying you while filling out the online caq form .?

Hassainali

Dec 3, 2019
I received a request to submit CAQ for my kids to process my study permit. Their ages > 5 years.
And your wife.? While applying for my caq online form I mentioned accompanying person my husband and infant names but I have received my caq n no where it’s mentioned about accompanying persons.. so I m worried Wthr I need to apply caq individually for husband as well .. plz help with information

sameh1440

Sep 12, 2019
And your wife.? While applying for my caq online form I mentioned accompanying person my husband and infant names but I have received my caq n no where it’s mentioned about accompanying persons.. so I m worried Wthr I need to apply caq individually for husband as well .. plz help with information
I did not need CAQ for my wife as she is not student. To the best of my knowledge, CAQ is not required for infant also. To apply for multiple applicants, you need to fill the CAQ form for everyone separately with passport and photo. You can put in the same envelope and send together.

sameh1440

Sep 12, 2019
I did not need CAQ for my wife as she is not student. To the best of my knowledge, CAQ is not required for infant also. To apply for multiple applicants, you need to fill the CAQ form for everyone separately with passport and photo. You can put in the same envelope and send together.
If your husband will apply for open work permit, then he is not required to get CAQ as well.

FS10005

Feb 7, 2018
I want to enroll myself in MCIT for data analyst course. But I ve question about financials. As stated on qubec website minimum fund should be 20950 CAD dollars for three(2 person above 18 and 1 under 18). This cost is excluding college fee. I want to apply with my family. How much fund i need to show for CAQ either its 20950 or with college fee which is 13000 cad dollars along with insurance for three which is around 3000 dollars.

Anyone reached CAQ stage with this profile kindly let me know.

Whatsapp:+971551351778

Regards

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
I want to enroll myself in MCIT for data analyst course. But I ve question about financials. As stated on qubec website minimum fund should be 20950 CAD dollars for three(2 person above 18 and 1 under 18). This cost is excluding college fee. I want to apply with my family. How much fund i need to show for CAQ either its 20950 or with college fee which is 13000 cad dollars along with insurance for three which is around 3000 dollars.

Anyone reached CAQ stage with this profile kindly let me know.

Whatsapp:+971551351778

Regards
what is a CAQ by the way. sorry for asking this novice question.