+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ intention of refusal - please help

ceagull

Aug 27, 2015
I applied for a CAQ extension on early march, and just received an answer from the ministere with an intention of refusal, saying that I should now send them a letter explaining why during winter 2018 I wasn’t a full time study. However, I did include an explanation letter with my application in which I specifically state that “I took a leave of absence for the winter term of 2018 (from 1/01/2018 to 04/30/2018) to return to my country an aid my father recovering from a very complex surgery”. I really don’t understand this decision by them, especially considering that I later renewed my study permits two times without any problem.

What should I do now? Should I send them copies of my flight tickets so they believe me that I left the country during that term? My dad has cancer and got into surgery that winter, do I really need to show them proof of that too? I don’t think they refused this application because I didn’t sign and date the explanation letter by hand, did they? I suspect that they didn't even read my explanation letter due to corona and now they're asking for one. I sent them everything they're asking for in my original application.