+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candian record of landing

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by LIRONA, Sep 4, 2011.

  1. Hello evreyone,

    I landed at 28 of May 2008, returned to the country I came from only to resetlle in british columbia at 24 of July 2011.

    I am not meeting my residency obligation as I have been out of canada for more than 1095 days in the last 5 years and that's why I can't request a PR card.

    Now to get a permanent driver's license from ICBC I need a PR card or a Canadian record of landing as a primary ID. I can't ask for the PR card so I am left with the "canadian record of landing".

    What I saw in CIC website is Applying for a certified true copy, correction, or replacement of an immigration document (IMM 5545).

    Will checking the box for "Immigrant visa and record of landing/confirmation of permanent Residence" in the Supplementary Form of the application get me the "Canadian record of landing" document as requested by CIBC?

    I already have form IMM 5292 and I think "canadian record of landing" is IMM 1000 though I was never issued one.

    Help much appreciated,


  2. IMM5292 is the modern day version of IMM1000. Show your original COPR (the one attached to your passport) and see how it goes.

    I have asked the same question with CIC couple months ago, and the call agents said CIC will not give you a certified true copy of "canadian record of landing".
  3. Hi,

    If by COPR you mean confirmation of permanent residence than like I said I have IMM 5292 and that's it. what I have on my pasport is one visa from the time I had to do my first landing between 10/2007 and 06/2008 and a second visa issued to me due to a travel document request because I didn't have a PR card for the dates between 08/2009 and 10/2009.

    Now because my landing was more than 3 years ago, they are not going to accept my IMM 5292 as a valid primary ID. the wierd part is that I went to consult with Robert Y.C. Leong from LOWE and company in vancouver who is an immigration lawyer and according to him I can request for a landing document. It should be of basic information to him so he's supposed to know these things... anyway I'm going to ask him again.

    Any thing else that I can do?

    Thanks for your reply!

  4. If you order the copy, you will get a copy of the document you already have. If you never had an IMM 1000, they can not give you a copy of one.

    If you stay in Canada this time, you will be able to renew your PR card on July 24th 2013. If your only problem is getting a drivers license, you can try Ontario. As far as I know, you do not have to be a PR to get one although they might want to know that you have some kind of legal status.
  5. The ICBC website has updated since I visited.

    In the last row of accepted primary ID, it mentioned "you could bring your student, work, visitor, temporary-resident or refugee permit with you to served at licensing office". Maybe you can take your passport with you and take your chances.

Share This Page