+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Candian record of landing

LIRONA

Jul 25, 2011
Hello evreyone,

I landed at 28 of May 2008, returned to the country I came from only to resetlle in british columbia at 24 of July 2011.

I am not meeting my residency obligation as I have been out of canada for more than 1095 days in the last 5 years and that's why I can't request a PR card.

Now to get a permanent driver's license from ICBC I need a PR card or a Canadian record of landing as a primary ID. I can't ask for the PR card so I am left with the "canadian record of landing".

What I saw in CIC website is Applying for a certified true copy, correction, or replacement of an immigration document (IMM 5545).

Will checking the box for "Immigrant visa and record of landing/confirmation of permanent Residence" in the Supplementary Form of the application get me the "Canadian record of landing" document as requested by CIBC?

I already have form IMM 5292 and I think "canadian record of landing" is IMM 1000 though I was never issued one.

Help much appreciated,

Thanks,

Liron

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMM5292 is the modern day version of IMM1000. Show your original COPR (the one attached to your passport) and see how it goes.

I have asked the same question with CIC couple months ago, and the call agents said CIC will not give you a certified true copy of "canadian record of landing".

LIRONA

Jul 25, 2011
Hi,

If by COPR you mean confirmation of permanent residence than like I said I have IMM 5292 and that's it. what I have on my pasport is one visa from the time I had to do my first landing between 10/2007 and 06/2008 and a second visa issued to me due to a travel document request because I didn't have a PR card for the dates between 08/2009 and 10/2009.

Now because my landing was more than 3 years ago, they are not going to accept my IMM 5292 as a valid primary ID. the wierd part is that I went to consult with Robert Y.C. Leong from LOWE and company in vancouver who is an immigration lawyer and according to him I can request for a landing document. It should be of basic information to him so he's supposed to know these things... anyway I'm going to ask him again.

Any thing else that I can do?

Thanks for your reply!

Liron

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you order the copy, you will get a copy of the document you already have. If you never had an IMM 1000, they can not give you a copy of one.

If you stay in Canada this time, you will be able to renew your PR card on July 24th 2013. If your only problem is getting a drivers license, you can try Ontario. As far as I know, you do not have to be a PR to get one although they might want to know that you have some kind of legal status.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The ICBC website has updated since I visited.

In the last row of accepted primary ID, it mentioned "you could bring your student, work, visitor, temporary-resident or refugee permit with you to served at licensing office". Maybe you can take your passport with you and take your chances.