+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadians hates new immigrants

chefchopra7

Star Member
Apr 7, 2009
to day one matured young canadian said over the general discussion that he and most of born Canadians hate new immigrants because u eat our taxes through healthcare and other social benefits,

so get ready for ragging and hate............

welcome to canada..............

Good Luck

yogireddy

Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUffalo NY Transfered to LA
NOC Code......
NOC 0213
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-27-2009
Doc's Request.
05-21-2009
AOR Received.
10-29-2009
File Transfer...
04-22-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-19-2010 (Received 07-03-2010 As per Fedex)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
06-11-2011
That's kind off misinformation isn't it how come only immigrants can eat from taxes and stuff all are getting the same immigrants does not have any special previlages......
It seems to be a different reason to just attribute some legitimacy to their ignorance...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most people in Canada come from immigrants. If they didn't immigrate themselves, maybe their parents or grandparents did so it is not my experience that Canadians are against new immigrants in general.

However, there are the type of immigrants who nobody would like and here I am talking about the people who as they arrive or even before they arrive want to know immediately how they can get on benefits and how much they can get. No country needs immigrants like that. Of course there are Canadians who do it too but there are enough of those without importing some more.

Editsniper

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2011
Doc's Request.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
17-01-2012 (Letter received 30-01-2012-Passport arrived CEM 10-02-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2012
LANDED..........
soon...
chefchopra7 said:
to day one matured young canadian said over the general discussion that he and most of born Canadians hate new immigrants because u eat our taxes through healthcare and other social benefits,

Good Luck
That's not totally correct because there is a very high population in Canada that are true citizen and they are eating our taxes and social benefits through living off welfare and not getting off their butt to work, so you can't say it's just new immigrants. Canada as a whole welcomes new immigrants to help with sustaining our population and to increase our economy
Plus you can't take the word of one person's opinion

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
the initial post seems a bit exaggerated but reflects a quite large percentage of current mindset of canadians - and it's also no secret that the conservatives getting stronger here - otherwise Harper wouldn't have been re-elected prime minister just recently. but even within the immigrant community there's a number of people who'd support at least a temp immigration stop until the economy is doing better.
But 'hate' does not fit reality...

That's not totally correct because there is a very high population in Canada that are true citizen and they are eating our taxes and social benefits through living off welfare and not getting off their butt to work, so you can't say it's just new immigrants. Canada as a whole welcomes new immigrants to help with sustaining our population and to increase our economy
Plus you can't take the word of one person's opinion
I see your point. However, considering that canada lives from natural resources as the main income sources (including gas, oil, lumber) it's their good right to live off welfare as a return.

veri

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
I think you cannot take a statement of one person and generalize it. Surely there are some Canadians who dislike immigrants (mostly from ignorance and disinformation) but I do not believe this is a general opinion here. At least, it is not my experience in BC. Most people are friendly towards immigrants and have no problems to admit that their parents/grandparents immigrated here as well. Canada is a new country and most people`s close families immigrated here. If somebody says something stupid like, he probably does not realize that he comes from immigrants too. There are stupid people in every country. Does not mean everybody else is the same.

NeedleArtist

Star Member
Oct 9, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clubcanada said:
I see your point. However, considering that canada lives from natural resources as the main income sources (including gas, oil, lumber) it's their good right to live off welfare as a return.
I understand your point but the numbers simply don't back your statement up. We here are certainly extremely fortunate to live in a country with abundant natural resources, and I agree that some individuals and regions rely upon them to some degree for their economic well-being, but they're definitely not the "main source of Canada's income."
The sectors of the economy that are tied directly to natural resources, such as the gas, oil and lumber industries that you mentioned, but also the mining industries (including coal, gold, nickel, copper, diamonds, uranium, etc.) as well as the fishing industry are certainly important but all totalled add up to only the proverbial "drop in a bucket" when viewing the Canadian economy as a whole. Fewer than 4% of Canadians work in these fields and they amount to only about 6% of Canada's GDP. In contrast, the manufacturing sector makes up about 13% of Canada's ecomomic output, with the service sector contributing a whopping 78% of GDP and employing three out of every four Canadians! The service sector's retail component alone accounts for more than 12% of Canadian employment ... 3 times more than the fishing, mining, timber, and energy industries employ combined.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
The sectors of the economy that are tied directly to natural resources, such as the gas, oil and lumber industries that you mentioned, but also the mining industries (including coal, gold, nickel, copper, diamonds, uranium, etc.) as well as the fishing industry are certainly important but all totalled add up to only the proverbial "drop in a bucket" when viewing the Canadian economy as a whole. Fewer than 4% of Canadians work in these fields and they amount to only about 6% of Canada's GDP. In contrast, the manufacturing sector makes up about 13% of Canada's ecomomic output, with the service sector contributing a whopping 78% of GDP and employing three out of every four Canadians! The service sector's retail component alone accounts for more than 12% of Canadian employment ... 3 times more than the fishing, mining, timber, and energy industries employ combined.
You're absolutely right. but the naked figures (which seem correct) are a little bit misleading. the service sector basically is financial services and retail. Retail is the major junk but does not 'produce' means it requires money to be spent coming from other sources (and where are the products to be sold mainly coming from?). Apart from that most larger players in this sector are from the US or other countries (including wal mart, sears, best buy, costco, safeway and soon target) that this sector does not even bring money (or 'wealth') from abroad. In addition, if I'm not mistaken around 20-25% of all jobs are directly or indirectly with public services which means funded through taxes. Where is this money coming from? . Manufacturing I guess is currently the second largest area. With a hand full of exceptions, Canada has almost no MNC that are not directly or indirectly tied to Canadian natural resources or agriculture. In fact, 2 out the 5 largest private Canadian companies are in natural resources (RioTinto and Suncor). Furthermore, Canada used to be the extended (low labor) production arm of the US and even Japan. However, due to increased cost (and a strong loonie) and a weakened US economy this has significantly changed over the last years. So bottom line is that natural resources are the foundation of Canada's wealth. Take them out of the equation and the whole GDP breaks down...

jadwig

Star Member
Mar 12, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chefchopra7 said:

Good Luck

Everybody in Canada is an immigrant except the aboriginals! We only came at different times... ;D

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
jadwig said:
Everybody in Canada is an immigrant except the aboriginals! We only came at different times... ;D
This!

Signature db

Feb 7, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-01-2000
It's true....we are all immigrants. If we think about it and if we believe our scientists we're all coming from Africa so.....
Canada is a new country with a short history and excepting aborigenes all canadians are immigrants. And if some Canadians don't agree with this, no matter, what could be Canada without "immigrants" ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have only once had a negative response for being an immigrant and that was when I was at a photo place getting a picture done for my PR card renewal. There was a couple at the store, customers. They saw me waiting for the guy to set up the camera and they asked, oh, so you are getting a passport. I said no, I need it for my permanent resident card. They looked like I had peed on their shoes, got extremely quiet and turned away.

That is one couple amoung thousands of people I have had to deal with. I don't consider that bad. Besides, while they are walking around thinking they are somehow better than me because they are 2nd or 3rd generation born in Canada, they can think that all they want because while they are focused on being pissed off at immigrants, in the meantime, I focus on my skills and sneak up and steal their jobs on them ;)

blackrider

Mar 26, 2012
There is no society that reacts friendly to immigrants whose sole purpose is to become dependant on the social welfare thereby crippling the economy of the land.
That apart,a greater percent of the canadian populace and work force are made up of immigrants.Keep that in mind next time someone starts complaining about the immigrants in this country.