+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Reliability Clearance query

Naalelnak

Sep 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

So got my PR and moved to Ottawa in May, been working remotely for my UK company but have secured a role here pending getting the Canadian Reliability Clearance.

From what im reading online its a 5 year background check but im curious as to what they do if you havent been in Canada for 5 years.

I understand that i will need to provide a police report from back home similar to when i was completing the PR process. As well as my employment history.

But in terms of Credit check, is it only the Canadian Credit history that they look at or do they expect me to provide/ or they look into my credit back home? I have nothing to hide so its more curiosity more than anything.

Has anyone gone through this recently and know what the process is if you havent been here for the 5 years?

thanks in advance.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi everyone,

So got my PR and moved to Ottawa in May, been working remotely for my UK company but have secured a role here pending getting the Canadian Reliability Clearance.

From what im reading online its a 5 year background check but im curious as to what they do if you havent been in Canada for 5 years.

I understand that i will need to provide a police report from back home similar to when i was completing the PR process. As well as my employment history.

But in terms of Credit check, is it only the Canadian Credit history that they look at or do they expect me to provide/ or they look into my credit back home? I have nothing to hide so its more curiosity more than anything.

Has anyone gone through this recently and know what the process is if you havent been here for the 5 years?

thanks in advance.
It's not a problem if you haven't lived in Canada for 5 years. There is info-sharing between UK and Canada but it's on the government level, so most likely no one will be looking at you credit history back in UK.

Please note, however, that Reliability check can take even a year to be completed. It can be a lengthy process