+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR within 12-14months from India, wait times decreased recently??

tld

Oct 25, 2008
Hello,

I am a software engineer from India and want to apply for Canadian PR visa and was looking for some immigration consultants to file for my PR visa and came across following consultant - http://www.abhinav.com/, they said that I can get Canadian PR within 12-14 months, I told them that PR visa being filed from India takes minimum 60-70months but they said that there were some new amendments in feb'08 which has sped up the process and all the files are being centrally processed out of Nova Scotia (whatever that's supposed to mean). I have asked them to provide for references and source of their info which I still haven't got. Just wanted to know opinion of other members on this forum, if this is correct or if this consultant is just misguiding me and once I submit my file through them and if I don't get visa after 12-14months they might say that the rules have changed again and the processing time is back to 60months.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
well, their own website says it's over 72 months...

The federal skilled worker program uses a point’s based system, where criteria such as education, work experience, age, language ability, and adaptability are used to evaluate the likelihood that an applicant will successfully settle in Canada. The current processing delays under the federal program from visa posts like China, India, Pakistan exceed 72 months.

For those not wishing to wait for too long, options exists to apply under the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP’s)

All of the provinces have their own provincial immigration programs (known as Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)), in order to promote immigration policies suited to a province’s particular needs. Most of these PNP’s except Quebec, which is the only province with the right to select its own immigrants, require a confirmed job offer to apply. All of the other provinces have the right to nominate immigrants. In 2008 and in the near future, the numbers of immigrants to be granted permanent residence under a PNP or selected by the Province of Quebec is expected to increase.

Jalal1

Star Member
Oct 15, 2008
I would suggest that you should wait until the immigration authority makes an announcement about immigration changes. It is expected in a month or two.

Best wishes,

spatel09

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tld said:
Hello,

I am a software engineer from India and want to apply for Canadian PR visa and was looking for some immigration consultants to file for my PR visa and came across following consultant - http://www.abhinav.com/, they said that I can get Canadian PR within 12-14 months, I told them that PR visa being filed from India takes minimum 60-70months but they said that there were some new amendments in feb'08 which has sped up the process and all the files are being centrally processed out of Nova Scotia (whatever that's supposed to mean). I have asked them to provide for references and source of their info which I still haven't got. Just wanted to know opinion of other members on this forum, if this is correct or if this consultant is just misguiding me and once I submit my file through them and if I don't get visa after 12-14months they might say that the rules have changed again and the processing time is back to 60months.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards,
Hello

Check this link for more information on processing time
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

You will have better idea.

Best Luck

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..