+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Immigration & Longer queues

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are already doing this with the changes to the skilled worker program. The skilled worker program has allowed people to get permanent residency in Canada without having a job offer, just based on their education, work experience etc. There are currently about 1 million people waiting in this system. The processing time in some countries is 6-7 years.

With the changes, they will propose only 38 occupations that they feel that Canada needs and if they don't process your application within 12 months, they will return it with the fees and you can apply again if you want to. The waiting lists will be shorter but it will be harder to get in because if you are not in one of the 38 occupations, you have to get a job offer and come in on a temporary work permit and you may possibly even need a job offer to go as a skilled worker.

C

cchabert

As Leon mention....."and you may possibly even need a job offer to go as a skilled worker." This sound like another filter to the Federal Program, let's wait and see.

ghiaskhan

We all had been contributing lot many views on waiting time in case of the skilled workers program . However there had been no comments about Federal Business class Applications. A large number of applicants seeking PR under Business immigration are sailing in a simmilar boat .I feel many people are facing a tortures waiting time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
As Leon mention....."and you may possibly even need a job offer to go as a skilled worker." This sound like another filter to the Federal Program, let's wait and see.
It is possible that they just want to avoid situations that a lot of people are talking about when people have come to Canada as a skilled worker without a job offer, settle somewhere, then find out that they can't get a job or they need to get re-certified and end up working in Walmart or driving a taxi and being unhappy. With the new system, if you can't get a job offer in your field, at least you know what you are getting into and if you still really want to move, even if you have to change fields, you can re-train back in your own country in a field that Canada needs, even if it's just getting work experience in a fast food place or kitchen and going under semi-skilled program to BC or AB. At least nobody will feel mis-lead that they waited up to 6 or 7 years to come here and then can't get a job.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ghiaskhan said:
We all had been contributing lot many views on waiting time in case of the skilled workers program . However there had been no comments about Federal Business class Applications. A large number of applicants seeking PR under Business immigration are sailing in a simmilar boat .I feel many people are facing a tortures waiting time.
The waiting times are bad for that too but instead of applying for federal business class, they can apply through a PNP business class. Much faster.

nv30116

Sep 28, 2008
Hi Leon,

I have a few questions for you if you dont mind answering them for me. I see that you have helped a lot of people and hopefully you can help me by answering my ???'s

I applied thru Entreprenuer program thru Buffalo. My app was recieved on September 3, 2008. I have heard that the business visas are faster to get? Is that true? How long do you think it will take and what is the approximate timeline (what to expect and when). We scored pretty well... the only thing is we do not know how to speak or write in French but are English is our 1st language. We have sent all detailed info to immigration including supporting documents fbi clearance and everything else that is required.

some questions:
1) Are all apps processed 1st come 1st serve regardless of what type of application?

2) When do y ou think i can expect to hear from immigration?

3) Is Business Class a faster process? How long should it take? Is it faster than skilled worker?

4) How is the Economy in Canada (Toronto) compared to the US.

Your help or anyone elses is much appreciated.

Thanks,

NV

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't really know all that much about business class but the federal skilled worker is pretty much first come, first served so I would assume that business class is the same. You can see the timelines at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/03a-business-fed.asp#west and looks like through Buffalo the average is like 4 years. You could get in faster if you apply for a provincial business class instead (provincial nominee program). You can see the PNP websites at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp but not every province has a business class so you will have to look at which do. The economy in Canada is absolutely fine.

ghiaskhan

Well lets attempt to answer your questions. I had the occassion to meet people, talk to to them and discuss canadian immigration matters on various forums. Thus my answers may be accurate in terms my knowledge through discussions, chatting and exchanging views.

1 . Yes applications are processed as sugested " 1st come 1st served" in each category.

2. You should receive an acknowledgement after your application is received, thats done
in about 3-5 weeks time. in about 6 months time from the receipt of your application by
CIC you should receive another letter about the CIC's intention to start working on your
application with in next 120 days. In this period you have to submitt all required papers. If
you submit all required papers in one go, they will start processing your case.

3. Yes business class has quicker process as compared to Skilled workers programme.

4. Canada is properus country with huge resources and is a better econmy in the North
America.

nv30116

Sep 28, 2008
HI GHIASKHAN,

Thanks soo much for your response. It makes me feel better that it is first come 1st serve. It gives me a better chance to faster processing because it seems that not a alot of people apply thru US in Buffallo. I could be wrong but it seems there are a lot more people applying for fsw and that is why the processing takes a bit.

Just so i know i understood correctly... the time to get a file number is 3-5 weeks for business class compared to 20-30 weeks for fsw... is that correct>? It has bee 4 weeks already... I hope to get something soon.

ghiaskhan... Are you an immigrant as well? If so did you apply thru business class? I would love to hear your experience. Where do you live?

I am hoping my file only takes 7-8 months, since all documentation were very detailed and submitted all possible answers to concerns. My representative said if the file is errorless, it gives you a better chance of getting an approval in one shot and the process to be approved within 8 months or so... Is that Correct?

Russell

Jan 7, 2009
ghiaskhan said:
In CIC London they take 12-18 months to conclude the process for business class immigration. I really dont have the idea about other locations, but its quicker as compared to Skilled workers programme
Hi is that 12-18 months after receipt of detialed info or from initial application.. Thanks you replies in all subject are very clear and concise.
Russ