+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Immigration and Unpaid debts in Dubai

pakilarka

Mar 4, 2011
I left about 18 months ago with unpaid credit card debts and now I hve recently done medicals and the counsulate is doing background checks...

As I understand it they usually try to cash the security check and then register a police case against you. I managed to get a clear PCC from Dubai about 9 months after I left....I don't know if a case has been registered against me since then...

If a case has been registered against me will it show on background check leading to denial of PR? Is it possible for me to at that stage take care of the debt and get a clean record? Anyone with experience in Dubai pls help I am very very tensed

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
By this time you will be on UAE Immigration watch list, so you will it will come up during security checks because its a Criminal offence in UAE. It takes approx a year to register case against you and put your name on watch list.

pakilarka

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks for the reply

So is all lost or is there something I can do about it.

If I pay it off will it clear my record or still stay on in?

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
I answered you in Dubai thread. Here it's :

In such case, your name will be on police list and there will be NO COURT DECISION YET. this means that if you pay the amount, your name will be called off. Then, once you ask for PCC, most probably, it will pass with no issues.

However, you have to triple confirm that the bank notifies and withdraws its claim with local authorities and police. Usually banks get relaxed on doing so.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pakilarka said:
I left about 18 months ago with unpaid credit card debts and now I hve recently done medicals and the counsulate is doing background checks...

As I understand it they usually try to cash the security check and then register a police case against you. I managed to get a clear PCC from Dubai about 9 months after I left....I don't know if a case has been registered against me since then...

If a case has been registered against me will it show on background check leading to denial of PR? Is it possible for me to at that stage take care of the debt and get a clean record? Anyone with experience in Dubai pls help I am very very tensed
Replied earlier...

qorax said:
Anything can happen...
U need to keep your fingers Xed. But, if a situation so arises -- u can always pay-up, obtain a 'clean-chit' from the Bank, then go to Dubai Courts [Claims Section - Left Wing] & deposit that C/chit to clear your records with a Judicial NOC [costs AED50+50, no lawyer needed], bring that NOC to the CID dept [Ramada R/A], pay again AED50 & your record from the central computer will be removed. They'd provide u with a 'computer print-out of your named screen-shot', having 'blank' [all in Arabic] -- it'd be wise for u to hold-on to that paper for life.

Qorax

pakilarka

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks everyone for their input...

This is the way I see it and tell me if I am wrong.....Since this police case is not a criminial offense in Canada they cannot say that I am criminally inadmissiable or deny my PR application on this grounds...Right?

Also, from your postings it seems that if I pay off the debt then even Dubai Police and CID no longer have a problem with this and I have no criminal record in the UAE as well...

Please let me know if I am wrong in this

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
I agree with you.

pakilarka said:
Thanks everyone for their input...

This is the way I see it and tell me if I am wrong.....Since this police case is not a criminial offense in Canada they cannot say that I am criminally inadmissiable or deny my PR application on this grounds...Right?

Also, from your postings it seems that if I pay off the debt then even Dubai Police and CID no longer have a problem with this and I have no criminal record in the UAE as well...

Please let me know if I am wrong in this

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pakilarka said:
Thanks for the quick response, SIR. I really appreciate it\\

When you say anything can happen-do you means that it can or cannot show up on background checks or do you means they can deny my PR application. It seems that if I pay off the amount and follow the procedure that you and the others have outlined than there is no crinimal record? Is that correct? I guess I am asking is that as far as London VO is concerned can I pay off the debt and have no criminal issues for perm immigration to Canada.

P.S-I am not planning on going to Dubai before I have cleared the debt

Thanks
It may reflect on your Security Clearance. And if the VO desires another fresh PCC of Dubai - I'm 100% sure it'd be 'stuck'@this stage.

Nonetheless, it may not reflect anything at all -- it all depends on the format of security check on your case. So, the system/case remains fluid --- no one can know for sure.

The wise thing is to clear-off your debts - anytime, anywhere.

Qorax

Jujuangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012 - Online Application
Doc's Request.
01-04 2012
Nomination.....
21-01-2013 -LOA dated 10-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 in ADVO
Med's Request
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013 < ECAS Medical Received 08-25-2013>
Interview........
27-09-2012
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
01-11-2013
Hi evryone i will be submitting my applications under family stream for MPNP, i am currently in Dubai and been here since 2004 , i have around 20 thousand dhs that i am currently paying for my 3 Credit cards and , have no bad records from these banks and paying my bill even before the deadline , im still paying and i will pay until i will be clear , Questions are:

do i have to declare this in my application for debt details field in the manitoba forms ?
Will i have any problem in dubai Immigration leaving unpaid balance if in case it will not be totally zero balance?

I have no plan to turn my back on my debts but of course looking on a greener pasture .. I hope someone can help me

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Jujuangel said:
Hi evryone i will be submitting my applications under family stream for MPNP, i am currently in Dubai and been here since 2004 , i have around 20 thousand dhs that i am currently paying for my 3 Credit cards and , have no bad records from these banks and paying my bill even before the deadline , im still paying and i will pay until i will be clear , Questions are:

a) do i have to declare this in my application for debt details field in the manitoba forms ?
b) Will i have any problem in dubai Immigration leaving unpaid balance if in case it will not be totally zero balance?

I have no plan to turn my back on my debts but of course looking on a greener pasture .. I hope someone can help me
a) No. U don't require to disclose that.
b) If u r paying-up timely -- no issues.

Qorax

Jujuangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012 - Online Application
Doc's Request.
01-04 2012
Nomination.....
21-01-2013 -LOA dated 10-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 in ADVO
Med's Request
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013 < ECAS Medical Received 08-25-2013>
Interview........
27-09-2012
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
01-11-2013
qorax said:
a) No. U don't require to disclose that.
b) If u r paying-up timely -- no issues.

Qorax
Thanks Qorax.

Is there anyway they CIC can track that i have unpaid bills in any case....

Ahmed Kamran

Aug 12, 2011
Dear Senior,

I am a telecom consultant working in dubai, UAE.
I have applied for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) after getting sponsorship from a canadian recruiting company. M NOC is 9990.7.

i have submitted my complete package on 13th june along with Demand Draft of 450$, However i have not received any feedback even after 8 weeks (where as on wen they say a time frame of 7 weeks).

Now i urgently need my passport back (since i have sent my original PP along with other documents( as per instruction from my Representative). My representative is saying that only way to request the passport is by sending them an email.

I have requsted the canadian immigration in Abu Dhabi using email to send me back my passport since i have a business committment, however even after 10 days i have not received any feedback.

Can someone please help me as how to receive my passport urgently.

BR
, Kamran