+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian experience class - Canadian + Foreign Work experience point calculation.

kunjanpatel112

Jun 30, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know that if I apply for PR under CEC ( Canadian Experience Class ) then I will get only Canadian work experience points even I have foreign work experience under acceptable NOC category?

I have one year continuous Canadian work experience and 20 months continuous foreign work experience under acceptable NOC.
Now, If I want to apply for PR under CEC then I will get points for only Canadian work experience or I will get points for both Canadian + foreign.

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
You get points for both Canadian and foreign experience as long as they are at least 1 year and the job duties fall under NOC 0, A or B

kunjanpatel112

Jun 30, 2020
Ok. thank you so much for your reply.

So first if I apply for PR under CEC and if I don't receive any INVITATION under CEC then I cannot apply for federal skilled express entry by doing separate application?

Moreover, can I submit application for PR by CEC and Federal skilled express entry at the same time?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Ok. thank you so much for your reply.

So first if I apply for PR under CEC and if I don't receive any INVITATION under CEC then I cannot apply for federal skilled express entry by doing separate application?

Moreover, can I submit application for PR by CEC and Federal skilled express entry at the same time?
You just have to complete your profile based on your personal history.

You don't choose under what stream to apply under. The system itself determines this, if you qualify for both you will be invited under CEC because it takes priority. The system also calculates your points automatically, all you need to worry about is completing the profile truthfully and exhaustively.

And NO, you cannot have multiple profiles at once, just the one.

kunjanpatel112

Jun 30, 2020
You just have to complete your profile based on your personal history.

You don't choose under what stream to apply under. The system itself determines this, if you qualify for both you will be invited under CEC because it takes priority. The system also calculates your points automatically, all you need to worry about is completing the profile truthfully and exhaustively.

And NO, you cannot have multiple profiles at once, just the one.

Thank you so much.

kunjanpatel112

Jun 30, 2020
Hello. What is the meaning of valid job offer? I am working in canada and I have PGWP. I am working under NOC B category job. I already finished 1 year job and I am working under full time permanent position. In this case, I need to mark "YES" in the column of "Do you have Valid Job Offer". If yes. then what kind of documents do I need from my current employer.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello. What is the meaning of valid job offer? I am working in canada and I have PGWP. I am working under NOC B category job. I already finished 1 year job and I am working under full time permanent position. In this case, I need to mark "YES" in the column of "Do you have Valid Job Offer". If yes. then what kind of documents do I need from my current employer.
You shouldn't mark YES unless your employer will obtain a LMIA which most likely will not be the case.

Reactions: TheList

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know that if I apply for PR under CEC ( Canadian Experience Class ) then I will get only Canadian work experience points even I have foreign work experience under acceptable NOC category?

I have one year continuous Canadian work experience and 20 months continuous foreign work experience under acceptable NOC.
Now, If I want to apply for PR under CEC then I will get points for only Canadian work experience or I will get points for both Canadian + foreign.

U need to fill all ur details Canadian and foreign work exp. Its system who will choose you met which category. I had 4 yr indian exp and 1 yr Canadian. System put me in cec.

TheList

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hey everybody,
I am at a crossroad and would appreciate help. I am assessing if it is smart to stick in Ontario or move to another province.
My profile
Education: 12th grade from India, 3 year diploma (5 sem accelerated program) from Canada.
Work experience: I'm starting a new job now as Quality Assurance Associate (July 2020)
IELTS: based on previous test results- 8.5 over all.
R: 9, W:7.5, L:8.5, S:8.5

No siblings and common-law partners
Cannot speak French.
No licensees.
No pnp.

Based on this information and an assumed 1 year full time work in Canada, I have calculated that for 2021 my CRS comes to 474. Seeing as the CRS points now has reached a 478 cut off I was wondering how I should proceed further.

Stick in Ontario and take my chances or leave to another province?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hey everybody,
I am at a crossroad and would appreciate help. I am assessing if it is smart to stick in Ontario or move to another province.
My profile
Education: 12th grade from India, 3 year diploma (5 sem accelerated program) from Canada.
Work experience: I'm starting a new job now as Quality Assurance Associate (July 2020)
IELTS: based on previous test results- 8.5 over all.
R: 9, W:7.5, L:8.5, S:8.5

No siblings and common-law partners
Cannot speak French.
No licensees.
No pnp.

Based on this information and an assumed 1 year full time work in Canada, I have calculated that for 2021 my CRS comes to 474. Seeing as the CRS points now has reached a 478 cut off I was wondering how I should proceed further.

Stick in Ontario and take my chances or leave to another province?
You are asking an impossible question.

Being or not in Ontario is irrelevant unless you're thinking about getting Provincial nomination.

474 is a score that pretty much guarantees an ITA. That is 2020... You are trying to get ahead one year, everything could be different then or not change at all. Impossible to know for sure.

TheList

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You are asking an impossible question.

Being or not in Ontario is irrelevant unless you're thinking about getting Provincial nomination.

474 is a score that pretty much guarantees an ITA. That is 2020... You are trying to get ahead one year, everything could be different then or not change at all. Impossible to know for sure.
I understand but I am really double guessing my decision taking a full time job in ontario (because I am thinking of pnp in another province) in terms of points.

I also had another question- my program was an accelerated 5 semester program but by certificate says that it is a 3 year program- so am I correct in selecting - Bachelors- three or more years in college, university.....- option while calculating my crs points?

kunjanpatel112

Jun 30, 2020
Hello Everyone...

Do I need to attach my Resume as a document for CEC Express Entry Application ? Actually, I forgot to add Resume while submitting my application. So, now do we have any way to attach my Resume? Is it mandatory?

Thanks & Regards,
K J Patel

Patiently_pr

Mar 14, 2020
Hello Everyone...

Do I need to attach my Resume as a document for CEC Express Entry Application ? Actually, I forgot to add Resume while submitting my application. So, now do we have any way to attach my Resume? Is it mandatory?

Thanks & Regards,
K J Patel

There is no requirement for Express Entry nor PR application that ask you to upload your resume.

Reactions: jes_ON

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
I understand but I am really double guessing my decision taking a full time job in ontario (because I am thinking of pnp in another province) in terms of points.

I also had another question- my program was an accelerated 5 semester program but by certificate says that it is a 3 year program- so am I correct in selecting - Bachelors- three or more years in college, university.....- option while calculating my crs points?
Hi,

Did you get answer to you 2nd question?
If somebody had same situation please advise what is outcome if accelerated 3 year program to 4-5 semester will they get Bachelors- three or more years in college, university.....- option?