+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship Question

blue968

Feb 12, 2008
HI,

I am wondering if anybody can help?? My family was raised in the USA and my brother was deported to Portugal because of some crimes he has done in the States ( minor things , fighting, chased by police, and misc things. NO MURDER!!!) Anyway he was deported about 4 yrs ago around 2004. Because he has a criminal backround in the states will Canada not allow him to work or become a Citizen of Canada???

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

blue968 said:
HI,

I am wondering if anybody can help?? My family was raised in the USA and my brother was deported to Portugal because of some crimes he has done in the States ( minor things , fighting, chased by police, and misc things. NO MURDER!!!) Anyway he was deported about 4 yrs ago around 2004. Because he has a criminal backround in the states will Canada not allow him to work or become a Citizen of Canada???

Thanks
Depends on what the convictions were for and how they equate to the criminal code of Canada whether or not he is inadmissible to Canada.

PMM

blue968

Feb 12, 2008
So Canada will look into it??? He has no criminal offenses while he has been a citizen of Portugal for the last 4yrs. Do they run a ck on him worldwide??

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

blue968 said:
So Canada will look into it??? He has no criminal offenses while he has been a citizen of Portugal for the last 4yrs. Do they run a ck on him worldwide??

Thanks
Yes, he would have to provide criminal records checks from every country that he has resided in for 6 months since turning 18.

PMM