+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR address

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by gyucel23, Sep 24, 2006.

  1. I am ready to move to Canada, i received our passports.
    When we first land in, do we have to give an address? If not, how do we get our PR cards?
    Also I have an IL, US drivers license, can i get a canadian license using my US license?
  2. hi
    when u arrive , u need to put ur adress so the authorities can send u the pr cards
  3. Hi

    If you don't have a Canadian residential address you have 180 days to supply one to CIC, or you have to re-apply for a PR card.
    Dependng on the province you are intending to reside in and how long you have had your license, it is a straight swap. If you are heading to Ontario, here are there rules. http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/exchange.htm Note you should get a letter from your licensing agency showing how many years you have had a license as well as from your insurance agency to show how many claim free years you have.


Share This Page