+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you quit after 1560 hours?

royalstellar

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Hi,

I achieved 1560 hours of work (considering max. 30 hrs / week)
I didn't get my invitation yet but I did send my employer I need the paper signed.

I have some family crisis and need to quit. How would this effect anywhere in the CEC process?

I read somewhere it is not good to quit but at the same time CEC requirement of 1560 hours in 52 weeks all is good.

Please advise

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi,

I achieved 1560 hours of work (considering max. 30 hrs / week)
I didn't get my invitation yet but I did send my employer I need the paper signed.

I have some family crisis and need to quit. How would this effect anywhere in the CEC process?

I read somewhere it is not good to quit but at the same time CEC requirement of 1560 hours in 52 weeks all is good.

Please advise
If you have completed the minimum required number of hours you should be able to quit. You can just provide a letter of explanation with your application on the reason why you had to leave Canada. It should work out for you.

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
Just make sure that you get the letter of employment as per the format required by CIC. The letter should include your position along with your NOC code, salary, the period of employment, duties, etc. Add a letter of explanation for any clarification that you think would help your case and try to be as honest as possible.

royalstellar

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Just make sure that you get the letter of employment as per the format required by CIC. The letter should include your position along with your NOC code, salary, the period of employment, duties, etc. Add a letter of explanation for any clarification that you think would help your case and try to be as honest as possible.
This explanation letter is just any format and just to explain to the government? Are family members death back in home country sufficient? I am not going back to home country but it was tragic deaths I developed ptsd...

Would it be enough without that I have ptsd, I have quit due to family crisis?

A_D_cec

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-09-2019
There is no specific format, you just address your issues to the Visa officer. I don't think leaving your job would affect your application in any way. But, communicating your employment situation would be good.