CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
I want to move employers and I am wondering if it will cause complications as my SIN will have expired. I previously held an open work permit so continuing on the same rights as that. My lawyer said CIC will know im on implied status and my SIN will not expire. I am still unsure. But I really want to leave my current employer I feel stuck in my job right now and have a better offer. Also should I advise my current employer I'm on implied status or does it not matter?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I want to move employers and I am wondering if it will cause complications as my SIN will have expired. I previously held an open work permit so continuing on the same rights as that. My lawyer said CIC will know im on implied status and my SIN will not expire. I am still unsure. But I really want to leave my current employer I feel stuck in my job right now and have a better offer. Also should I advise my current employer I'm on implied status or does it not matter?
If your old permit was an open permit, you can legally change employers. The problem is convincing employers that they are allowed to hire you. So it all depends on whether the person offering you the job can be bothered to read the IRCC website info on implied status, and be willing to hire you with the expired SIN. Your SIN will stay the same until you get PR status and apply for a new one.