+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you Help me Please? I have a few questions about high school

TrueCanadian

Jun 10, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am Shaun and i am planning to migrate to Vancouver,BC very soon, by this September.
However I have a few questions about high school. I used to live in Singapore and was studying Secondary 3.

1.If i was born in Jun 15 1995,What grade should I join this September?
2.How does the curriculum allow me to choose subjects(I have no idea)?
3.Can I choose my second language as Spanish instead of French?
4.Is it okay to join as a Sophomore(Grade 10 as i have completed Secondary 3 in Singapore)?

The reason for Question 4 is that i heard high school comes as a 4 year course from grade 9 -12.

My personal question

Which is better to live- Surrey,Burnaby or Kitsilano?

Thanks all for your time in helping me :)

Jun 16, 2010
china
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For your above problems ,I suggest you to call the high school to get more useful information.I think that we don't have the same problem,so we cannot give you the direct answer.You should be cautious and call to get the information.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
TrueCanadian said:
Hi everyone,

I am Shaun and i am planning to migrate to Vancouver,BC very soon, by this September.
However I have a few questions about high school. I used to live in Singapore and was studying Secondary 3.

1.If i was born in Jun 15 1995,What grade should I join this September?
2.How does the curriculum allow me to choose subjects(I have no idea)?
3.Can I choose my second language as Spanish instead of French?
4.Is it okay to join as a Sophomore(Grade 10 as i have completed Secondary 3 in Singapore)?

The reason for Question 4 is that i heard high school comes as a 4 year course from grade 9 -12.

My personal question

Hi Singaporean Shaun

Another SGean here too, answers to some of yr questions:

1) U will know what grades to join after u bring yr report card or tr transcripts over to the school that u plan to enrol and the admissions officer or advisor will inform u what grade u will join and what courses u need to take or can take.

2) Canadian and US high school systems are more flexible related to Sg ones, u can choose subjects or courses that u find interesting and that can fulfil yr requirements to enter unis. Just enter the high and speak to the admissions advisor and he will advise as recessary.

3)Yes, indeed, u can choose spanish instead of frech but i would advise u to pick up french cause u will need and use it in the future and french is a 2nd language in Canada and not spanish, unless u plan to go to US, specifically LA or california or southern states in the US or to europe.

4) What level u will join will also be dependent on the admissions office and the school that u are entering. So speak to the advisors when u enter that school.

whatever yr queries, will all depend on the school u choose and enter. So speak to teh admissions officer.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TrueCanadian said:
My personal question

It's hard to say which is better to live. Depends on your lifestyle. Kitsilano is more upscale. I heard Surrey has a large Indian community. The main campus of Simon Fraser University (SFU) is in Burnaby.