+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my husband stay and wait for our PR in Canada?

Lucy Ming

Jul 23, 2019
Hi I am a child caregiver in Canada right now . I will finish 24 months this month . I applied for PR as well as my husband’s open work permit in home child care pilot on Jan 2020 and received AOR on September 2020.

my husband is visiting me with visitor visa in Canada right now .my question is does he have to leave Canada after his visitor visa expires or he can stay here to wait for our PR result since I applied his open work permit in that new pilot?

thank you very much for any details

roxythromycin12

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hi I am a child caregiver in Canada right now . I will finish 24 months this month . I applied for PR as well as my husband’s open work permit in home child care pilot on Jan 2020 and received AOR on September 2020.

my husband is visiting me with visitor visa in Canada right now .my question is does he have to leave Canada after his visitor visa expires or he can stay here to wait for our PR result since I applied his open work permit in that new pilot?

thank you very much for any details
He would need to extend his stay as visitor to legally stay in Canada. It needs to be done 30 days before the expiration of his visitor visa to acquire implied status. if ut does expires, he's going to need to apply for restoration or leave Canada.