+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can my car be included as Proof Of Funds

dacoru

Feb 24, 2006
I will land by car in Alberta Next week, I am planning to import my truck, and as proof of funds I will take with me CDN $9000. Can I mention my car as the remaining CND$1168 (as they require now CND$10,168 per one person), or can I show my US bank statement to show the difference.

I am worried because US Customs has different procedures if you carry 10000 or less or if you carry more than 10000, and I just want to avoid all that.

I really will appreciate your comments
Daniel

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dacoru said:
I will land by car in Alberta Next week, I am planning to import my truck, and as proof of funds I will take with me CDN $9000. Can I mention my car as the remaining CND$1168 (as they require now CND$10,168 per one person), or can I show my US bank statement to show the difference.

I am worried because US Customs has different procedures if you carry 10000 or less or if you carry more than 10000, and I just want to avoid all that.

I really will appreciate your comments
Daniel
1. No
2. If you have an atm receipt for that day from your US account, you will be fine.
3. It is no big deal to report the 10K to US and Canada customs, you are going to have stop at US Customs anyway, because I assume that you applied for the US export permit for your truck?

PMM

dacoru

Feb 24, 2006
PMM
Thanks for your answer.
I don't know what do you mean about applying with US custom to export my car.
I just have all my paperwork ready (Title No recall letter, insurance), and they said fax it to the border customs two days before appear there.
Is all that I know.
please let me know if I am wrong or if I need to follow different procedure
Again, Thanks for your reply.
Daniel

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dacoru said:
PMM
Thanks for your answer.
I don't know what do you mean about applying with US custom to export my car.
I just have all my paperwork ready (Title No recall letter, insurance), and they said fax it to the border customs two days before appear there.
Is all that I know.
please let me know if I am wrong or if I need to follow different procedure
Again, Thanks for your reply.
Daniel
Thats fine as long as you followed the instructions here: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/export/export_docs/motor_vehicle.xml

PMM