+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can income tax return be submitted without T4 in Canada

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by laxmikanthms, Apr 1, 2011.

  1. Hi All,

    Can income tax return be submitted without T4 in Canada

  2. You need to have the T4 Form when filing for the Tax Returns........As per my knowledge..
  3. I saw this info in one of the sites...

    As you prepare to file your personal income tax return, and are gathering all the pertinent receipts and documentation, you discover that you are missing a T4 slip from an employer or previous employer. The T4 slip is the record of your taxable employment income. Employers are responsible for issuing these forms to employees or former employees from the previous calendar year by the last day of February.

    If you have made best efforts to obtain T4 slips from employers, but have not received them, you can still proceed to file your personal tax return without them. Do your best to calculate your employment income totals from pay stubs. Retain the pay stubs in your files, for possible future reference. When you submit your return or have a tax preparer submit it for you, include a letter with the return explaining that you did not receive a T4 slip, and providing the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency with details about your employer, including name, full address, telephone number and so on. CCRA will use this contact information to send a payroll field auditor to investigate and get the complete information required to complete your return.

    As long as you file your tax return before the deadline, you will not be penalized in any way for not being able to provide missing slips.

    Might be helpful to you...
  4. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/filing-income-tax-w-missing-t4-563131/
  5. Thanks a lot Nitma for providing the details.

  6. Welcome....but how come you dont have the T4 form?
    Didn't you get it from your employer still?? or have u lost it?
  7. You have time till April 30th .......
    I am going to file my returns today after work.

    Gud Luck

Share This Page