+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i hire my mother as caregiver? we have a special needs child

relentlessmom

Feb 21, 2020
can i hire my mother as nanny for my special needs child? i want her coz my child is a girl. i can trust her. sponsoring a parent needs 3 years of proof if income but we came here 4 yrs ago. we started from the scratch so our 3 consecutive years income wont qualify. does it need also a 3 consecutive year of income? thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
can i hire my mother as nanny for my special needs child? i want her coz my child is a girl. i can trust her. sponsoring a parent needs 3 years of proof if income but we came here 4 yrs ago. we started from the scratch so our 3 consecutive years income wont qualify. does it need also a 3 consecutive year of income? thank you
No you are unlikely to be able to sponsor your mother. There will be concerns that this is just a way to sponsor them. Does you mother have training in caregiving or as a nurse? How old is she? If she is a relatively young grandparent and has lots of experience caring for a child and the training she has a chance of being approved. You will have to show that you have room in your budget to hire a caregiver. It is around 30k/year.

relentlessmom

Feb 21, 2020
No you are unlikely to be able to sponsor your mother. There will be concerns that this is just a way to sponsor them. Does you mother have training in caregiving or as a nurse? How old is she? If she is a relatively young grandparent and has lots of experience caring for a child and the training she has a chance of being approved. You will have to show that you have room in your budget to hire a caregiver. It is around 30k/year.
thank you for your reply. do i need to show3 years of income for a caregiver? tnx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You’ll have to look at the new caregiver program. I don’t think so but am not 100% familiar with the program. Hiring your mother is very far from guaranteed even if she has the training and recent caregiving experience. You should look through the qualifications to see if your mother even meets them. It will most likely be seen as a way to get your parents to Canada.