+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get Point from Simplified LMIA for Express Entry?

cacikci

Jul 6, 2019
Hello there,

My employer is applying Facilitated/Simplified LMIA in Quebec with NOC 2175. This job title is qualified for simplified process, also it's in the global talent list.

I would like to know if I can receive any points for it in my express entry application? Because I know that LMIA grants you points but not sure if it applies for simplified process.

Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would be shooting yourself in the leg if you claim LMIA points for a job offer in Quebec, you'll fail proving your intention to reside outside such province and your EE application will be cancelled.

Reactions: scylla

cacikci

Jul 6, 2019
I lived in Ontario, Toronto for 8 years and moved to Quebec, Montreal 1 year ago for work. So, I have been living in Quebec and working here since 13 months. My intention is to move back to Toronto. However I will declare that I'll move back to Toronto when I am making my PR application. Is it still a problem?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I lived in Ontario, Toronto for 8 years and moved to Quebec, Montreal 1 year ago for work. So, I have been living in Quebec and working here since 13 months. My intention is to move back to Toronto. However I will declare that I'll move back to Toronto when I am making my PR application. Is it still a problem?
IRCC will be looking for something much stronger than a declaration. They will be looking for hard evidence that you plan to live outside of Quebec. If your job offer is from Quebec, I don't see how you'll prove you plan to live elsewhere.

Reactions: DelPiero07

cacikci

Jul 6, 2019
IRCC will be looking for something much stronger than a declaration. They will be looking for hard evidence that you plan to live outside of Quebec. If your job offer is from Quebec, I don't see how you'll prove you plan to live elsewhere.
I understand your point. Thank you very much all of you.