+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I claim Job Offer 50 points - On Closed WP (ICT)

soulrebelhere

Aug 24, 2017
Hi Everyone!

Can you please help me address these queries based on your valuable experience

Completed 1 Year of working in Canada this June. ICT is valid till Jan 2018. While submitting EE for CEC, can I claim the 50 points for job offer ?

Kindly share your views

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Do you have a valid offer from your employer? Having ICT document and having valid offer are two different things. It you have, then you can claim those points

soulrebelhere

Aug 24, 2017
I can get a letter that says am a full-time employee, my job is permanent and my assignment is long term. Is that good enough?

metalrahul

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I can get a letter that says am a full-time employee, my job is permanent and my assignment is long term. Is that good enough?
If the letter says you are full time and permanent employee then that should be good enough but is that something you would get when you are under ICT?

soulrebelhere

Aug 24, 2017
Here is the content of the letter I have got from employer :

To whomsoever it may concern :

This will confirm for the recipient that Mr. XXXXXX has been a permanent full-
time employee of XXXXX since XXXXX. Mr. XXXX is currently
on a Long-term assignment in Ontario, Canada in the role of Project Manager.

Mr. XXXXX gross salary is XXX,XXX CAD per annum.

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
You can claim points if you have 1 year work experience with the same employer+ job offer which shows your job is full time, not seasonal, continuous and at least for one year after your PR is issued.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Here is the content of the letter I have got from employer :

To whomsoever it may concern :

This will confirm for the recipient that Mr. XXXXXX has been a permanent full-
time employee of XXXXX since XXXXX. Mr. XXXX is currently
on a Long-term assignment in Ontario, Canada in the role of Project Manager.

Mr. XXXXX gross salary is XXX,XXX CAD per annum.
Um... do you mean this is the letter you got as a letter of reference? If yes, it is incomplete. It must specify hours worked per week as well as job duties and responsibilities.

Or, is this the letter you got as a "job offer" letter? (they are different). The job offer letter must also specify hours worked per week and job duties, and that the job offer is valid for at least one year AFTER you become a PR (or is a permanent job offer after you become a PR).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

goswamke

Aug 25, 2017
Hi ! I need help for one confusion. Currently I am on LMIA exempt workpermit. I started as a Food service Manager in july 2016 on post graduation work permit. I got AINP in nov 2016 and then after i renewed my work permit and support of 204c letter got LMIA exempt close work permit. My PNP based file is in process but i want to apply for express entry and i want to know am i eligible for getting LMIA exempt workpermit point ?
My employer name and job position written on my current work permit. BUT IN EXPRESS ENTRY LMIA EXEMPT WORPERMIT QUE THEY MENTIONED " DO I HAVE ATLEAST ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE ON CURRENT WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER ? " If i will choose no i am not able to get 50 points. I called four times cic call centre 3 times they told me you have to put YES even though you don't have one year experience on current work permit but you are working with the same employer more then one year. one customer care lady told they ask for your current workpermit so you should select no because you don't have one year experience on your current workpermit. PLEASE HELP ME FOR THIS CONFUSION.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi ! I need help for one confusion. Currently I am on LMIA exempt workpermit. I started as a Food service Manager in july 2016 on post graduation work permit. I got AINP in nov 2016 and then after i renewed my work permit and support of 204c letter got LMIA exempt close work permit. My PNP based file is in process but i want to apply for express entry and i want to know am i eligible for getting LMIA exempt workpermit point ?
My employer name and job position written on my current work permit. BUT IN EXPRESS ENTRY LMIA EXEMPT WORPERMIT QUE THEY MENTIONED " DO I HAVE ATLEAST ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE ON CURRENT WORK PERMIT WITH THE SAME EMPLOYER ? " If i will choose no i am not able to get 50 points. I called four times cic call centre 3 times they told me you have to put YES even though you don't have one year experience on current work permit but you are working with the same employer more then one year. one customer care lady told they ask for your current workpermit so you should select no because you don't have one year experience on your current workpermit. PLEASE HELP ME FOR THIS CONFUSION.

already answered elsewhere ...

soulrebelhere

Aug 24, 2017
Um... do you mean this is the letter you got as a letter of reference? If yes, it is incomplete. It must specify hours worked per week as well as job duties and responsibilities.

Or, is this the letter you got as a "job offer" letter? (they are different). The job offer letter must also specify hours worked per week and job duties, and that the job offer is valid for at least one year AFTER you become a PR (or is a permanent job offer after you become a PR).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
Submitting this letter along with a detailed 5 page letter which contains NOC, number of hours, pay, job duties, responsibilities etc

Reactions: jes_ON