+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change Passport office to Different country?

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
i've applied PR ( CEC ) on Feb 29, 2020. However, due to bio metrics closed, application was on hold for several months. Now all of sudden i am exempted from bio since i've already given a long time ago for my work permit. And, i am leaving Canada and going to my home country for personal reasons. If in case, my PR gets approved and got PPR while i am residing there, Can i change my Visa office and do the process accordingly? thanks :)

alozz

Feb 6, 2020
I was wondering this too, I applied march 10th and it would be ideal if I could wait it out back home since we don't have a timeline. Any answers would be appreciated.

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
i've applied PR ( CEC ) on Feb 29, 2020. However, due to bio metrics closed, application was on hold for several months. Now all of sudden i am exempted from bio since i've already given a long time ago for my work permit. And, i am leaving Canada and going to my home country for personal reasons. If in case, my PR gets approved and got PPR while i am residing there, Can i change my Visa office and do the process accordingly? thanks :)
Yes, you certainly can by raising the web form with the address/country where you are going now, consequently, want to submit your passport once you get your PPR request.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I have same question But I am wondering if they will transfer the file if we change the country of residence? which might delay the process?
I am not sure about transferring the file, but what’s it worth, you’ll get your PPR (if you get approved) right in time regardless the country of your residence to make things a bit easier for both parties involved.

Reactions: Walle_007

janemf

Jul 15, 2020
Hi,
My situation is similar to some people here. My application is currently in progress (inland, AOR April 20) and I moved to the UK. I still need to give my biometrics and I will go the the VAC here. Do I need to raise a web form saying that I moved abroad? What is the impact in my application? Thanks