+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change my job after getting CSQ through a job offer?

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Hi,
I applied to get CSQ through a job offer from a company. Once I get my CSQ and apply for PR, Do I have to stay in the same company or I can move to another job or company?
Does the work permit I get is locked to one company?
I already have open work permit from my university when I did my master.

miguelca

May 6, 2021
If you get your CSQ, yes, you can change employer.
There are no open work permits in Quebec. Besides PGWP, and spousal and maybe other cases. So, yes your work per,it will be closed. (There is suppose to be a new public policy to allow QSW applicants to get an open work permit while waiting for PR, I don’t know the details for that, but you can check.)
You can keep using your Operm Work Permit until it expires.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
There are no open work permits in Quebec. Besides PGWP, and spousal and maybe other cases. So, yes your work per,it will be closed. (There is suppose to be a new public policy to allow QSW applicants to get an open work permit while waiting for PR, I don’t know the details for that, but you can check.)
Thanks a lot for that, is it written somewhere the policy. my lawyer told me that it is better not to change my job but I think she is being lazy and she didn't want to check the policy.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021

MSCG

Oct 5, 2021
Hi,
I applied to get CSQ through a job offer from a company. Once I get my CSQ and apply for PR, Do I have to stay in the same company or I can move to another job or company?
Does the work permit I get is locked to one company?
I already have open work permit from my university when I did my master.
Hi, did you get validated job offer outside montreal region ?

PRHP28

Jul 18, 2023
Hi All , just to confirm , I received my CSQ through validate job offer and I have Spousal open work permit that will expire on 2026 , Can I change job now ? Any problem to apply to PR