+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a Temporary Recruitment Agency Job Become Permanent?

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

Hope you guys are doing good.

I got a job in Provincial Government 2 weeks ago as an Admin Asst through a recruitment agency and it is a Temporary job till Dec 31, 2018 and I am paid by that recruitment agency. I was also told by the Agency that it's an ongoing job and may even become a Full time.

Though I was recruited for a different department, the job is quiet simple and straight, I was able to complete the job in 1 and half day (The job usually comes in every week and I am supposed to finish the job before the new shipment arrived) and the rest of the week I was assigned to other various department in my last 2 weeks of employment and I feel pretty confident of doing all the jobs with good efficiency and zero errors.

My question is that, is there a chance to become that job permanent? What are my chances? Is it 50-50 or I would be jobless after Dec 31?

Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Impossible really for anyone here to speculate whether a job becomes permenant or not. Would that mean permenant through the agency or the government. Obviously the latter would be preferable but maybe you need to have a discussion with your immediate manager/ supervisor in the government department.

Personal opinion but recruitment agencies operate for their benefit/interests as a business and not for anyone else so they can often make promises they have no way to meet but still continue to make a profit, often even by paying less than an employee working directly for an employer.

Good luck and hope it all works out.

Reactions: jithucan123

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Impossible really for anyone here to speculate whether a job becomes permenant or not. Would that mean permenant through the agency or the government. Obviously the latter would be preferable but maybe you need to have a discussion with your immediate manager/ supervisor in the government department.

Personal opinion but recruitment agencies operate for their benefit/interests as a business and not for anyone else so they can often make promises they have no way to meet but still continue to make a profit, often even by paying less than an employee working directly for an employer.

Good luck and hope it all works out.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

You know what, there are more than 1000 Employees working in my office building and a large number of Employees were recruited by the Employment agencies on a Temporary position are still working there today. Even my Immediate Supervisor / Manager was recruited by the Agency 5 years ago on a Temporary position.

Any way as you said, No body can speculate anything. At least I can show Government experience in my Resume and will definitely get a good reference from my Manager.

Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Once you have worked there for a while I would approach HR and ask whether there are any open positions. You'll have to look at the contracts you have signed with the staffing agency, but as someone has pointed out, they are concerned about their business not you. You should be advocating for yourself and trying to find yourself a permanent job.

Reactions: jithucan123

Almistjo

Jan 5, 2017
Hello Guys,

I got a job in Provincial Government 2 weeks ago as an Admin Asst through a recruitment agency and it is a Temporary job till Dec 31, 2018 and I am paid by that recruitment agency. I was also told by the Agency that it's an ongoing job and may even become a Full time.

Though I was recruited for a different department, the job is quiet simple and straight, I was able to complete the job in 1 and half day (The job usually comes in every week and I am supposed to finish the job before the new shipment arrived) and the rest of the week I was assigned to other various department in my last 2 weeks of employment and I feel pretty confident of doing all the jobs with good efficiency and zero errors.

My question is that, is there a chance to become that job permanent? What are my chances? Is it 50-50 or I would be jobless after Dec 31?

Thanks
Many I know which recruitment agency who has assisted you? Many thanks in advance for your reply.

arul fernando

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hello Guys,

Thanks

please help with the name of the agency

thank you