+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can a child go with her mom when she is on a student visa

sabah

Feb 22, 2011
hello,
i have done masters in english literature and B.Ed also.now im planning to change my field and wana go to canada on study visa .2 of my sisters are already there in alberta i told them to get admission for me but the question that is bothering me again and again is that i have one 5 years old son........would he be able to accompny me....cuz i cant even imagine of living without him ........obviously that shouldnt be an issue cuz he would be going to shcool there.......i have suffecient funds to show that i can take care of me and my son without anybody's help in canada .........somebody plx guide me if that's possible or not

zaminur143

Mar 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its not possible to take someone with you cz the visa is only designed for you.

sabah

Feb 22, 2011
but my consultant says that its possible u can get a student visa with ur son like it happens with u.k's student visa policy u can take ur dependants with u when ur on a studnt visa over there

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If he needs a visa to Canada, you can apply for his TRV to go with your study permit. If it is granted, he will be allowed to stay as long as your study permit is valid. If you are planning to enrol him in school, I guess he is old enough for kindergarten, you actually need to apply for a study permit for him too :)

sabah

Feb 22, 2011
thanx alot thats very kind of you to ans my question..............but now im unable to go anyway lolx...............take care

Jul 21, 2011
Leon said:
If he needs a visa to Canada, you can apply for his TRV to go with your study permit. If it is granted, he will be allowed to stay as long as your study permit is valid. If you are planning to enrol him in school, I guess he is old enough for kindergarten, you actually need to apply for a study permit for him too :)
agreed!