+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can a Canadian PR move back into Montreal

akpy

Apr 23, 2014
Hello...firstly, i am really sorry but i did my best to figure out other posts that would answer my query.

We have Canadian PR valid until Nov20 and live in UK currently. We are thinking of moving back to Canada early next year. As a PR, can we move to Montreal/Quebec? We used to live in Vancouver earlier but with jobs and better universities in the East, we are this time looking to come back that side. Ontario is quite expensive and crowded, including future University costs. Hence, looking to move back to Montreal. Would we need to have employment proof, etc, as i will continue to work in UK but my family will take rental acco in Montreal

Appreciate insights and guidance please. Thanks very much in advance

shah22393

Nov 6, 2017
Hello...firstly, i am really sorry but i did my best to figure out other posts that would answer my query.

We have Canadian PR valid until Nov20 and live in UK currently. We are thinking of moving back to Canada early next year. As a PR, can we move to Montreal/Quebec? We used to live in Vancouver earlier but with jobs and better universities in the East, we are this time looking to come back that side. Ontario is quite expensive and crowded, including future University costs. Hence, looking to move back to Montreal. Would we need to have employment proof, etc, as i will continue to work in UK but my family will take rental acco in Montreal

Appreciate insights and guidance please. Thanks very much in advance
As long as you have Canadian PR and not provinical, you can live anywhere in Canada. If you're PR status if valid, you do not need proof of employment.

Banami_Canada

Aug 16, 2017
Hi All, I am in US and I got the Canadian PR through ONIP and I completed my first landing at Ontario and declared the goods to carry, Vehicle, etc.. and received the PR card , now I got a job offer at Montreal, Quebec in this situation I would like to know:

1. Can i work at Montreal with Canadian PR received through ONIP.
2. Can i able to move my car and declared goods from US into Montreal with tax exemption and no import tax?
3. What is the process to import the car from US to Montreal, Quebec?
4. Can I register the US car at Quebec?
5. How to exchange US drivers license to Montreal drivers license?
(or)
6. Can i register the car at Ontario and drive in Montreal?

Please advise what is the best option to proceed in my case.

Thanks in Advance.