+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calling all Berlin applicants

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Hello everybody,

Just a quick question from my side.

1. What documents(German) did you have to translate into English.

From what I understand this would be the following:

German police check
Diplomas
work contracts/references
Birth certificates

It would be awesome if fellow Berlin applicants could clarify this.

Best of luck!

Colsy

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Cheers Janviet! I thought as much! Glad someone clarified this for me.

Best of luck

Colsy

backtoCAN

Jun 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I can't seem to clarify the issue re: certified (notarized) translation. Is it absolutely necessary to have the translations notarized or will certification by the translator be enough? We will need to translate some of my boyfriend's Dutch documents (to be sent to Berlin).
Any feedback/experience with this would be appreciated! Of course we want to avoid notarizing if it's not necessary...

Thanks a lot!
J

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
I am going through this process too. As far as I know everything has to be notarized. I will notarize anyway to be on the safe side.

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hoi je inbox is vol, dus zet ik mijn antwoorden even hier.

Dag Sander, op dit moment zijn we even op vakantie in Canada. Volgende week zijn we weer in Nederland.
We hebben inderdaad een consulent in de hand genomen. Buysse Immigration in Culemborg. Je hebt daar veschillende keuzes in. Full service e.d. Wij hebben full service genomen om fouten te voorkomen. ( is niet goedkoop)
Je papieren gaan eerst naar Mississauga en die geeft binnen een maand goedkeuring voor sponsorship van je vriendin. Daarna sturen ze het dossier naar Berlijn en die gaat jouw deel controleren. Ik neem aan dat je onder de Family Class je aanvraag gaat doen. Je hoeft zelf niets naar Berlijn te sturen. Alle informatie dus eerst naar Mississauga!
De VOG in Nederland duurt ongeveer 14 dagen.
De reestablishment voor mijn partner is dat hij wat emailverkeer heeft gehad met een makelaar in Canada, dit kun je meesturen. Ook van belang is dat je je aanmeld bij Monsterboard.ca en wat sollicitaties doet. Bewijzen meesturen.
Welke documetnte moeten er vertaald worden?

Ik hoor graag van je.
Als wij a.s. vrijdag terug zijn kan ik mijn pasoort al naar Berlijn op sturen voor mijn Visa.

Rob

backtoCAN said:
Beste Rob,

OneLuckyCookie

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Hey guys,

my boyfriend (Canadian) and I (German) are applying for permanent residence for me as a common-law partner.
The only German document we sent was the police certificate and we did not get it translated as it only states "no entry". Not sure if that's ok, but we hope that they get loads of police certificates and won't be upset... =) Also, notarized translations are really expensive.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
Hi guys,

I´m applying in Berlin too.
I got the letter for the 120 days, and now collecting all papers.

What is about the notarized employment contracts from present and past employers
How have you notarized the copy of the original contract and have you also notarized the translation?
This is a bit confused for me.

@Rob51
could you write in English. Not all applicants in Berlin are from netherland and understand dutch. And maybe the things you wrote are interesting for all.
Thanks a lot.

sookie

Aug 25, 2009
Hey oneluckycookie,

All the documents that are not in English or French must be translated and notarized by a certified translator.
However, you do not have to translate the previous contracts, a job reference from the previous employer will suffice.

You can also translate your documents yourself and then just go to a certified translator and notarize them it would be cheaper I guess. Anyways, a copy of the original document is needed when you go to the translator.
You also have to send a copy of the original document accomponied by a certified translation.

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
The German police check does not have to be translated as per an email I received from the Berlin visa office. Proof of custody for children does though.(probably doesnt apply to most people anyway).

If you have long working contracts etc. the first page can be translated, if you decide to translate it at all. We ensured that all references were translated.

I am not certain a reputable certified translator would put his stamp/mark to a document that was not infact translated by them.

For those that are based in or around Frankfurt am Main - We notarised all our documents at the Ortsgericht Beglaubigungstelle in Frankfurt am Main. Apparently Hessen is the only state in Germany that will do this.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
Hi Colsy,

thanks for the Information about the german police check.

I have only some probems about the letter of reference. I have a "Arbeitszeugniss" but not salary is said there.
And my old employer will not give me a new one. So I think I will aksed Berlin what to do.

What do you think about making a check list for people appling at Berlin?
Like:
Appendix A
1.Forms
same as you send to Sydney
2.Identity
Birth: German with translation or international ( getting a the Ortsamt)
Marriage: German with translation or international ( getting a the Standesamt)
We can make it per PN and when everything is ready we put it here for all the others.

Have you allready send your papers to Berlin?

Susanne

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Hi Susanne,

I have already sent my application and waiting for it to go through the process. I applied under the FSW though.

I too did not have my salary details on my work references. I did have a list of my duties on the letters, but no salary details.

What I actually done, and this may be helpful to others was to send a cover letter detailing what I could or could not do. If your previous employer did not put salary details on the letter and will not do a new one, then there is nothing more you can do, therefore, specify that in the cover letter.

Unfortunately due to an accident at home, much of my documentation was lost i.e working contracts etc. What I could not retrieve I gave an explanation of this.

By the way, In regards to certified translations. The Ortsgericht in Ffm advised that they do this frequently and we sent a a notarized copy of all certified translations.

Best of luck with your application!

aljarreau

Sep 28, 2009
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2007
Doc's Request.
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
05-10-2007
IELTS Request
No IELTS
Med's Request
20-06-2010
Med's Done....
13-08-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
20-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2010
LANDED..........
23-07-2011
Hi all,

i applied since october 5th 2007 in Berlin for a PR. I received on september 2008 a letter from the embassy which asked me to confirm my interess to an immigration to Canada. Since that last correspondence i didn't hear from them. For 7 months ago I refreshed my privat (i became german Citizen) and job situation with a fax but they didn't answered. Shall i call the ambassy to know how about my application or should i keep quit and wait? Do someone knows what about the current processing time at the Berlin ambassy? There is here anyone who have approximally the same apply date?
By the way i applied with the simplified procedure. That means i didn't submitted any documents with my application. I still waiting the request from the ambassy to submit them :-(
It would be nice to share experiences.
Cheers

Basya

Oct 17, 2009
I applied under simplified process on September 13, 2006.
January 2, 2007 - processing started
July 2008 -request for docs
January 2009 - requested additional docs
I call my immigration officer about every three months since I got his number in one of his e-mails.
he said that in March background check was initiated in my home country (UKRAINE)

Nothing since than. Calling him tomorrow again:( I wrote to CSIS, their reply was vague and has no important info.
I am pretty desperate but not giving up yet. I guess it also depends where you are from, I mean nationality.