+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAlled for interview after dropbox

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Hello, I submitted my documents for dropbox in Canada but I am called for in person interview. I only get an option of Toronto in the drop sown and no available dates. Is anyone in the similar situation?

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
I have seen few posts here about the same situation but I afaik the dates were provided by consulate or it was walk in at any day. You could be walk in at day, try confirming with the consulate.

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Hello, I submitted my documents for dropbox in Canada but I am called for in person interview. I only get an option of Toronto in the drop sown and no available dates. Is anyone in the similar situation?
I had the exact same issue in 2019 when I was commuting. Was called in for interview after qualifying for dropbox. It's system generated so there is not much you can do at your end. I had to wait a month and a half before getting an interview. My employer thankfully let me work from home. If you have a valid H1b visa that you will be renewing for the additional 3 years, it may likely be cancelled without prejudice. In that situation you just will have to wait to get an appointment. I'm not aware of the walk in process H1bissue is suggesting. Maybe that is an option too.

Harsha1018

Nov 10, 2023
Hello skarme
I had the exact same issue in 2019 when I was commuting. Was called in for interview after qualifying for dropbox. It's system generated so there is not much you can do at your end. I had to wait a month and a half before getting an interview. My employer thankfully let me work from home. If you have a valid H1b visa that you will be renewing for the additional 3 years, it may likely be cancelled without prejudice. In that situation you just will have to wait to get an appointment. I'm not aware of the walk in process H1bissue is suggesting. Maybe that is an option too.
Hello Bro,

I had the same situation now got “cancelled without prejudice” and called for an interview.
Did you go through same situation on h1b? what happened next in the interview. I’m daily commuter having 3yrs approved visa. Please help.

Thank you
Harsha

Harsha1018

Nov 10, 2023
Hello bro,

did you get cancelled without prejudice on your old visa before going to interview?

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Hello skarme

Hello Bro,

I had the same situation now got “cancelled without prejudice” and called for an interview.
Did you go through same situation on h1b? what happened next in the interview. I’m daily commuter having 3yrs approved visa. Please help.

Thank you
Harsha
Hey Harsha,

Yes I had the exact same thing happen. Got a cancelled without prejudice stamp on the visa and was called to the interview. The interview was pretty smooth. Was asked when I moved to Canada and about my job role. You should be fine. Don't worry!

Harsha1018

Nov 10, 2023
Hey Harsha,

Yes I had the exact same thing happen. Got a cancelled without prejudice stamp on the visa and was called to the interview. The interview was pretty smooth. Was asked when I moved to Canada and about my job role. You should be fine. Don't worry!
Thanks bro,

It wont have any advert effect next time when we apply for dropbox right? we are going for both H1 and H4

skarme312

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks bro,

It wont have any advert effect next time when we apply for dropbox right? we are going for both H1 and H4
That's why the term "without prejudice" is explicitly mentioned. Reason for cancellation is not because they hold anything against you. In this case its simply because they want to have an interview. Most likely its because you changed companies? The old visa was with a different company? At least that was the case for me. Even if it is not, that does not mean anything. By the way why do you want to apply for H4 when you are living in Canada?

Harsha1018

Nov 10, 2023
That's why the term "without prejudice" is explicitly mentioned. Reason for cancellation is not because they hold anything against you. In this case its simply because they want to have an interview. Most likely its because you changed companies? The old visa was with a different company? At least that was the case for me. Even if it is not, that does not mean anything. By the way why do you want to apply for H4 when you are living in Canada?
great thanks for the information. Yea changed employer and client last time when we sent dropbox and its go approved for 1year. Now sent same with previous approved visa details but its 3yrs now. I take H4 because at times we travel and stay there for a month or so on work commitments. But I do travel 3 days a week to work in detriot.