+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary/Edmonton: Rental housing close to Asian community

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

From what I know, Calgary and Edmonton are top 2 cities in Alberta. I assume that there is presence of Asian Community in these cities. I am looking for rental property, at least 3 bed/2 bath condo or house, having presence of Asian community. I do have 2 school going kids 11 and 8 years, so good rated schools is a must.

I would appreciate if people can give some guidance and information about the area and rental properties I can search for.

Thanks in advance,

Taps

C

cchabert

I don't know about the Asian Community but here you can found something:

http://www.homerent.ca/

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Did you get your PR already?
PR, not yet. I have applied to CIC with AINP nomination. I expect to receive outcome [hopefully positive ;)] before this summer. Family is my first priority - I need to make sure that they are comfortable in area/community where we live. It needs to be safe with decent schools. Also, I want to avoid bad areas in Calgary.

C

cchabert

I have my brother in law in Calgary right now until April, let me ask him about the Asian Community, I already know that the north east is industrial, did you get nominated by Alberta in the H1B? if so did you send your proof of funds or not yet?

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
I have my brother in law in Calgary right now until April, let me ask him about the Asian Community, I already know that the north east is industrial, did you get nominated by Alberta in the H1B? if so did you send your proof of funds or not yet?
Yes, I got nominated for AINP in H1B SRS. I did send original letter from my local bank based on the CD [Certificate of Deposit] I have with them.

Thanks for extending all your help and support. What is status of your PR?

Taps

C

cchabert

I got nominated this past Saturday, I'm working in the PCC from home country and the FBI right now, my main concern is to send the application to CIC with out the funds or wait until I got them? I'm moving to Calgary too, also my wife have a friend living there, and I have 2 kids too (8 and 3)

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
I got nominated this past Saturday, I'm working in the PCC from home country and the FBI right now, my main concern is to send the application to CIC with out the funds or wait until I got them? I'm moving to Calgary too, also my wife have a friend living there, and I have 2 kids too (8 and 3)
Congratulations on getting nominated. If all goes fine, I hope to see you in Calgary :) I really hope that CIC stage completes before May 09 or else I will have to wait for one year before moving to Calgary; since my family is planning to visit home country this summer if PR doesn't come through.

C

cchabert

Well I think you need to check, what I know is when CIC ask you for your passport to put the visa on it, it only last 3 months if you don't land in that period of time you will lost your PR, or maybe you can land and then come back.

C

cchabert

That looks OK, in the case of my brother in law, his medicals expire in 3 weeks when he receive his passport with the visa, but the visa said he have 3 months to land, he was afraid of having only 3 weeks to leave.

C

cchabert

Hey Tapak I found this maybe it help you:

http://www.asian.ca/community/

I'm waiting for a response from my brother in law I'll let you know as soon I have something

Peace!

C

cchabert

Hey Taps here is more info:

http://www.culturalcentre.ca/index.php?page=links

Did you found a good place?

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john5655 said:
you want to go live in an Asian community in Canada? why not stay where you are???
No offence Mr John. To give few reasons why I want to stay in asian communuity - I cannot and don't want to change my eating habits (vegetarian that I am, by birth). religion, family mindset to mingle with people who can understand asian culture.

Why are you so curt? What is wrong if I want to live in asian community?

Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Hey Taps here is more info:

http://www.culturalcentre.ca/index.php?page=links

Did you found a good place?
cchabert, Thanks for the posting the link. I haven't found any place yet. But I might go to Edmonton on Business trip; waiting for my manager's approval. Unless they decide sending my fellow American, that can save time and hassle of paper work, I am looking forward to see AB myself.