+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Calgary - Alberta Settlers, Let's Network here

khurramrizvi

Hero Member
Jun 5, 2014
257
14
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
05 June 2015
Nomination.....
07 March 2015 (PER)
Med's Request
19 August 2015
Med's Done....
31 August 2015
Interview........
bye bye
Passport Req..
14 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22 September 2015
LANDED..........
Feb or March 2016
Quina said:
Hi guys..I will be landing in calgary on the 17th of January 2017.. If you have any two bed townhouse in SE or SW. I will be highly interested.
Town house is expensive option as you have to pay for heating and other utilities. where as apartments its included in rent. Now you will ask what is the difference? believe me end of the month you will save 150-200 dollars. If you get a job and still you think its necessary for you to move into town house you can do that.
Do your homework before reaching any calculation. search KIJIJI or craigslist to get an idea. and please avoid downtown living. Save money as much as you can because situation of jobs is not good at all. OR maybe you can afford townhouse and already did your home work then its fine.
 
 

Quina

Hero Member
Jan 4, 2015
307
18
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Warsaw
NOC Code......
0112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
IND/UK/USA PCC request on 11.08.2015
Nomination.....
PER recd 01-03-15
AOR Received.
09-04-15
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
No idea, but SLU 23-05-15
Med's Request
16-05-16
Med's Done....
25-05-16
Interview........
Waived, TLU 04-06-16
Passport Req..
WARSAW Knows
VISA ISSUED...
NDVO knows
LANDED..........
GOD knows
khurramrizvi said:
Town house is expensive option as you have to pay for heating and other utilities. where as apartments its included in rent. Now you will ask what is the difference? believe me end of the month you will save 150-200 dollars. If you get a job and still you think its necessary for you to move into town house you can do that.
Do your homework before reaching any calculation. search KIJIJI or craigslist to get an idea. and please avoid downtown living. Save money as much as you can because situation of jobs is not good at all. OR maybe you can afford townhouse and already did your home work then its fine.
Thank you for your reply... Will definitely give it a thought. I was able to secure a split level house on 2 floors in SE of calgary for 1495 all inclusive including high speed Internet.

I have many friends saying that white collar jobs are there. And things in calgary or alberta rather is improving. Infact my husband who is into aviation even had a phone interview call... And they are interested to have him on board. Which sector are u working? Maybe I would say the job scenario is rather looking up.
 

engrted

Hero Member
Aug 19, 2015
348
7
zenghi said:
Dear Albertans,

We arrived in Alberta last week. We have also applied for health card a few days ago but haven't received it yet. My query is, can we see a doctor now in the meantime before receiving the health card. For example if the kids get ill in the meantime.

Thanks in advance..
yes you can.call alberta heart card people on phone and get your alberta health card number
 

khurramrizvi

Hero Member
Jun 5, 2014
257
14
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Doc's Request.
05 June 2015
Nomination.....
07 March 2015 (PER)
Med's Request
19 August 2015
Med's Done....
31 August 2015
Interview........
bye bye
Passport Req..
14 September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
22 September 2015
LANDED..........
Feb or March 2016
Quina said:
Thank you for your reply... Will definitely give it a thought. I was able to secure a split level house on 2 floors in SE of calgary for 1495 all inclusive including high speed Internet.

I have many friends saying that white collar jobs are there. And things in calgary or alberta rather is improving. Infact my husband who is into aviation even had a phone interview call... And they are interested to have him on board. Which sector are u working? Maybe I would say the job scenario is rather looking up.
I am still in struggle for a relevant job. Aviation is altogether different and rare so its good if he got short listed. Wish him a good luck. I live in SE but its really easy to move from anywhere to anywhere. The best place is NW north west you will learn all these once you come here
 

can_swim

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
69
0
Hello,

Sorry to deviate from the ongoing discussion. But I was hoping I could get some pointers on a question I had. I am to do my landing before Feb 2017 for my PR process to complete. However, I currently do not intend to permanently settle in Canada. So, I will be traveling to Canada to just complete the landing formalities and take a small vacation up in Whistler in Feb 2017.

Now, I was originally intending to complete my landing at Vancouver (due to good connections from my country - India and its proximity to Whistler).

However, I read somewhere that if I landed in Calgary (AB) - I would also have the option of getting my health card right away.

Now, given that we wont have a permanent address in Canada anytime soon or in Feb 2017 even. Does it make sense for me to land in AB and get my health card following the landing process? OR should I just go to Vancouver because I wont get a health card in AB anyway because I dont have any residence proof?

Health card seems like a good incentive for me to perform my landing in Calgary AB. Just wanted to check if it is feasible if I just have a weeks worth of time with no residence proof.

Thanks!
Can_swim
 
 

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
2,237
49
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
You will not get health card now if don't settle in Alberta now. They will ask for your address proof to issue health card in Alberta.
 

Aquib

Hero Member
Apr 19, 2011
903
128
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
can_swim said:
Hello,

Sorry to deviate from the ongoing discussion. But I was hoping I could get some pointers on a question I had. I am to do my landing before Feb 2017 for my PR process to complete. However, I currently do not intend to permanently settle in Canada. So, I will be traveling to Canada to just complete the landing formalities and take a small vacation up in Whistler in Feb 2017.

Now, I was originally intending to complete my landing at Vancouver (due to good connections from my country - India and its proximity to Whistler).

However, I read somewhere that if I landed in Calgary (AB) - I would also have the option of getting my health card right away.

Now, given that we won't have a permanent address in Canada anytime soon or in Feb 2017 even. Does it make sense for me to land in AB and get my health card following the landing process? OR should I just go to Vancouver because I won't get a health card in AB anyway because I don't have any residence proof?

Health card seems like a good incentive for me to perform my landing in Calgary AB. Just wanted to check if it is feasible if I just have a weeks worth of time with no residence proof.

Thanks!
Can_swim

why you want to start your life in Canada from misrepresentation and cheating system.
You can apply for health card when you finally decided to live in Canada like everyone else do.