02/11/2010
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
18/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/03/2011
Dear All,

I am basically a Chartered Accountant from India. And I got my visa and PR this month i.e. March 2011. I was going through Candian CA institutes website, it shows that there is a MOU singed by both the institutes.

But regarding the examinations one has to appear
1) To get the certificate to work in industry &
2) To practice as a chartered accountant in Canada

is not very clear.

If somebody is having any knowledge about this chapter please give your inputs. I have also given mail to Canadian Institute to get information regarding the above points. If I will get any information then definitely I will share in this forum.

Hope the knowledge of experienced persons will definitely help others......

Cheers,
SRanjan M

SRanjan M

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Finance
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2007
Doc's Request.
04-04-2009
IELTS Request
11/07/2009
Med's Request
14/10/2010
Med's Done....
02/11/2010
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
18/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/03/2011
SRanjan M said:
Dear All,

I am basically a Chartered Accountant from India. And I got my visa and PR this month i.e. March 2011. I was going through Candian CA institutes website, it shows that there is a MOU singed by both the institutes.

is not very clear.

If somebody is having any knowledge about this chapter please give your inputs. I have also given mail to Canadian Institute to get information regarding the above points. If I will get any information then definitely I will share in this forum.

Cheers,
SRanjan M
As per the recent updates the MOU Stands as below.

Q&A

Memorandum of Understanding on Reciprocal Membership Arrangements between The Chartered Accountants of India and
the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants

What is a Memorandum of Understanding? How is it different from a Mutual Recognition Agreement?

A Mutual Recognition Agreement is an agreement between two accounting bodies that have determined that their qualification processes are substantially equivalent. Members of each body are entitled to membership in the other by demonstrating competency in local tax and law, and demonstrating that they meet experience requirements. Canada recognizes 13 accounting bodies as having equivalent qualification processes. To qualify for a Canadian CA designation, members of these bodies are not required to take additional formal education through a regional professional education program, nor are they required to pass the UFE. Instead, they must pass an examination of Canadian tax, law and professional conduct.

A Memorandum of Understanding on reciprocal membership arrangements is negotiated between two accounting bodies that have determined they are not substantially equivalent, that the qualification process of one body does not, in some significant aspect, meet the requirements of the other. The Memorandum specifies the specific requirements which must be met. In the case of the review of the qualification program of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, it was determined that the examination process was not equivalent because it did not include an integrated multi-disciplinary assessment of pervasive skills similar to our UFE. Members of the ICAI do however have at least three years of practical experience during which time they develop and demonstrate these skills. For this reason, qualified members of the ICAI are required to demonstrate these skills by passing the UFE.

I am a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India? What does this mean to me?
Once the Memorandum of Understanding has been ratified, members of the ICAI who have a recognized university degree will be able to qualify for a Canadian CA designation by:

passing the Canadian Uniform Evaluation (UFE), and
meeting the profession’s experience requirements. Your international experience will be considered in the assessment of experience.

You will need to register with the appropriate provincial institute/ordre in order to write the UFE. We strongly recommend that you take the preparatory course offered by the institute to help you prepare to write the UFE.

If you are seeking audit rights, you will need to contact the provincial institute/ordre to determine what additional requirements are necessary. The MOU agreement governs admission to the profession. Access to audit rights is not included in the MOU. The provincial institutes/ordre and Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bermuda will individually determine what additional requirements are needed for licensure.

I have my Canadian CA designation and I am considering relocating to India. What does this mean to me?
Once the Memorandum of Understanding is ratified, you will be eligible to become a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India by passing the ICAI’s examinations in corporate and allied laws, and tax.

When does this Memorandum of Understanding come into effect?
The agreement will come into effect when it is ratified by the councils of the provincial institutes/ordre of Chartered Accountants in Canada, and the boards of directors of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.

Cheers,
SRanjan M

SRanjan M

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Finance
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2007
Doc's Request.
04-04-2009
IELTS Request
11/07/2009
Med's Request
14/10/2010
Med's Done....
02/11/2010
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
18/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/03/2011
SRanjan M said:
Dear All,

is not very clear.

Cheers,
SRanjan M
Hi All,

Regarding recent MOU signed on 7th of February 2011 by ICAI, India and CiCA, Canada, you will be able to find all details in the following link.

http://www.cica.ca/news/media-centre/media-releases-and-backgrounders/2011/item47091.aspx

Cheers,
SRanjan M

capreetijoshi

Feb 1, 2013
SRanjan M,

Hello Sir,
I am too a Chartered Accountant, Recently Qualified in July 2012, Sir Can you tell on what bases you applied for VISA/PR to canada?
Can you Please provide me your Email?

Preeti

SRanjan

Oct 27, 2010
LONDON
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
ACCOUNTING
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2007
Doc's Request.
APR 2007
Nomination.....
APR 2007
AOR Received.
JULY 2009 & OCTOBER 2009
IELTS Request
JULY 2009
Med's Request
SEPTEMBER 2010
Med's Done....
NOVEMBER 2010
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
JAN 2011
VISA ISSUED...
MAR 2011
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
capreetijoshi said:
SRanjan M,

Hello Sir,
I am too a Chartered Accountant, Recently Qualified in July 2012, Sir Can you tell on what bases you applied for VISA/PR to canada?
Can you Please provide me your Email?

Preeti
Hi Preeti,

I applied as a Masters in Commerce and having 12 years experience.

If you want more guidance just let me know.

Thanks
Ranjan

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
SRanjan said:
Hi Preeti,

Thanks
Ranjan
Hello Ranjan,

Do you have any idea what are the prospects for a person finishing all the course requirements of ACCA (affiliate members) in Canada. How can they transfer their credits for CGA or CPA in Canada.

I am asking this on behalf of my wife who is currently enrolled in ACCA in a university in United Kingdom and is expected to get her PR end of this year. I would like to you how can she make use of her B. Com degree and ACCA studies to be CGA or CPA in Canada.

Many thanks for your help.

Jun 29, 2016
SRanjan said:
Hi Preeti,

Thanks
Ranjan
Hi Ranjan, I am CA from 2011 batch, i need more guidance. please share your email ID.

Thnx a lot

aasri_123

Apr 30, 2013
Hi Ranjan,
I am chartered Accountant from India in 2005 and migrated to Canada. I would like to pursue canada CPA. Can you please provide your mail id or phone contact to discuss on this procedure ?

Regards
JA Eswar

Apr 4, 2017
Hi,
i might be late and not sure about this so asking again.

CHARTERED ACCOUNTENT will be considered as Masters or Ph.D while applying to Canada PR?

kuldeep6712

Apr 12, 2017
SRanjan said:
Hi SRajan,

I have completed 1st group of CA final in India now i want pursue my CA Course in Canada, Could i egligible. iF yes then Whats is procedure.

Thanks
Kuldeep Kaur

cavarunarora

Oct 19, 2017
Anyone pls help me to know how i can apply for migration to canada. I am also CA in India. under express entry or any other option.

Mr. Ranjan or any other pls help...

Pls if possible do watsapp on my contact no. 0919888777804.

Thanks,Varun Arora

Fenali desai

Nov 14, 2017
I want to do ACCA in Canada and I had cleared my CA IPCC from INDIAN INSTITUTE OF CHARTED ACCOUNTANT so please give me advice on this that how should I go for it...whether I should put my file based on CA IPCC or i should put a file based on my bachelor degree.

Sonia09

Nov 22, 2017
Hi all
I am also a CA from India from January 2012 wants to do Canadian CA but no detail idea that from which province do the Canadian CA and what is the requirements/examination will I need to pass to become a fully qualified CA in Canada for Job and Audit Assignments.

Is it possible to complete Canadian CA by an Indian CA from India.

If any anyone have the details about it please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

Reactions: CA Bharat Gupta

Amjaddxb

Jan 20, 2018
Hello guys,

Im an Indian CA (2003) with 15 years of work experience in UAE, planned to move Canada, please advise what need to be done to obtain CPA of Canada to serve as a practicing CA/Auditor corporate/Tax Auditor.

Any specific education/courses to be done? Can this be done from distance or is it allowed to obtain student visa to come and study there?

Please advise at the earliest, I will appreciate your assistance

Regards
Amjad

Jashwanth

Feb 8, 2018
I want to do ACCA in Canada and I had cleared my CA IPCC from INDIAN INSTITUTE OF CHARTED ACCOUNTANT so please give me advice on this that how should I go for it...whether I should put my file based on CA IPCC or i should put a file based on my bachelor degree.
Hlo me too in a sasa situation. Please contact me we can discuss. MM contact info is 9985998535