+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

buying an existing business to run in Canada

oshea1p

Sep 4, 2011
Hi All

First off thanks for any help anyone can give me in regards to this.
I am living in Ireland at the moment as such can travel to Canada for up to 6 months without a visa. As far as I am aware I am also able to work under this but I am finding it hard to confirm this.
I am looking to buy an existing business in Canada that my Family and I can run but am unsure which routh to take.
I do not expect to have to look for any financing as I shoudl have sufficient funds to purchase the business outright ( aprox $350000) and still have funds to help with any extra costs for the first year or so.
Can anyone suggest the best way to go about this?
The business I am looking to buy is a hotel/Inn/camp site which is already in operation.

Kind Regards
P.

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I haven't any relative information but I think 350000$ is enough for business in Canada specially you can take loan from credit Bank there

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

oshea1p said:
Hi All

First off thanks for any help anyone can give me in regards to this.
I am living in Ireland at the moment as such can travel to Canada for up to 6 months without a visa. As far as I am aware I am also able to work under this but I am finding it hard to confirm this.
I am looking to buy an existing business in Canada that my Family and I can run but am unsure which routh to take.
I do not expect to have to look for any financing as I shoudl have sufficient funds to purchase the business outright ( aprox $350000) and still have funds to help with any extra costs for the first year or so.
Can anyone suggest the best way to go about this?
The business I am looking to buy is a hotel/Inn/camp site which is already in operation.

Kind Regards
P.
1. You can visit for up to 6 months, but can't work. You need a work permit to work in Canada.
2. You could buy a business, but again you couldn't work in it without authorization.
3. You probably don't qualify for self employed see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/self-employed/index.asp
4. You could investigate the possibilities of one of the Provincial Nomination Programs see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp Although you probably don't have enough funds for their business streams.

oshea1p

Sep 4, 2011
thanks for the help PMM & Saeid

Seems strange that you can buy a business but are not able to run that business but I guess if you have purchased a good business it might be easier to get that approval. I will check into that and see if anyone has done things that way.

Kind Regards
Paul