+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buying a small business in Vancouver

Nadiva

Aug 4, 2009
Me and my partner are looking for some help or information regarding immigration issues!

We are currently living in Ireland and both of us wish to emigrate to Canada in the immediate future..

I'm 26, of Dutch heritage and my partner is 35 and English.
What we'd like to do is buy or franchise a small business in British Columbia , preferably Vancouver or Vancouver Island.
Lately we discovered a website called Businesses For Sale which featured extensive Canadian opportunities in the areas we were interested in moving to.

Now, having researched the main Canadian Immigration website CIC, the options of buying a business appear very limited unless you happen to have CDN $ 400,000 investment capital to
start with?
Many of the places for sale are already existing businesses such as Coffee Shops, Bistros and Lunchrooms and most were less than CDN $ 150,000 to purchase in full...
So is it possible to acquire a business like this from another country with the intention of emigrating to Canada and running it ourselves?
Neither me or my partner at present can accommodate the amount necessary to qualify for the Business Investor Program.

So we would appreciate any advice or help you can offer us!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Nadiva said:
Me and my partner are looking for some help or information regarding immigration issues!

We are currently living in Ireland and both of us wish to emigrate to Canada in the immediate future..

I'm 26, of Dutch heritage and my partner is 35 and English.
What we'd like to do is buy or franchise a small business in British Columbia , preferably Vancouver or Vancouver Island.
Lately we discovered a website called Businesses For Sale which featured extensive Canadian opportunities in the areas we were interested in moving to.

Now, having researched the main Canadian Immigration website CIC, the options of buying a business appear very limited unless you happen to have CDN $ 400,000 investment capital to
start with?
Many of the places for sale are already existing businesses such as Coffee Shops, Bistros and Lunchrooms and most were less than CDN $ 150,000 to purchase in full...
So is it possible to acquire a business like this from another country with the intention of emigrating to Canada and running it ourselves?
Neither me or my partner at present can accommodate the amount necessary to qualify for the Business Investor Program.

So we would appreciate any advice or help you can offer us!
1. The $400K is the investor class, where you have to have a net worth of $800K.
2. The Entrepreneur class requires 2 years of business managerial experience plus a net worth of $300K. Buying a small business/franchise will probably not allow you to emigrate.
3. Your best bet would be to look into the BC PNP business Immigration. http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincialnominee/businessimmigrants/eligibility.htm

PMM

FairWay

Oct 10, 2009
Hi, Nadiva!

Just tried to send PM to you, but cannot because your box is full. Let me know when you clean it out.

Cheers,

PDPCA

Sep 21, 2009
Hi
I have a Bedding manufacturing business in North Vancouver ( The Business can be relocated) for sale ( due my health) and it is good for business immigrants. For more information please see our web page: www.pillow-cushion4u.com
Regards
David

Ogee12cat

May 12, 2014
Hi
I have a small café on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia that I would be interested in selling. I am nearing retirement and the work load is too heavy for me. The winters are slower but the summers are incredibly busy. I would start the asking price at $125,000. This area is absolutely gorgeous and a large number of people from the British Isles live here already. They tell me it is similar to there. Vancouver is a 45 minute ferry ride (shorter than to Vancouver Island) and the ferries run usually every two hours in the winter and every hour in the summer. If you are interested in knowing more about the opportunity you can email me at ri32newt26@gmail.com