+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buying a Bed & Breakfast with stable financial means; how to act?

Marc-Monique

Aug 14, 2008
Hello,

My wife and I applied for a Skilled Work Visa in January this year however, it seems that that this process could take even longer than the expected 2 years due to a recent change by the Canadian Government.

We will be spending a month in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick in September to explore our possibilities. With our skills and experience and the financial means we are wondering if we can speed up this process? We will be visiting a seminar of the Business Immigration Section in Toronto as well.

Imagine we will find our future location to start our B&B and we have about CAD 170.000,= to spend; which steps can we take to decrease the amount of time we have to wait for a visa?

Thanks for your reaction in advance.

Marc

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Marc-Monique said:
Hello,

My wife and I applied for a Skilled Work Visa in January this year however, it seems that that this process could take even longer than the expected 2 years due to a recent change by the Canadian Government.

We will be spending a month in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick in September to explore our possibilities. With our skills and experience and the financial means we are wondering if we can speed up this process? We will be visiting a seminar of the Business Immigration Section in Toronto as well.

Imagine we will find our future location to start our B&B and we have about CAD 170.000,= to spend; which steps can we take to decrease the amount of time we have to wait for a visa?

Thanks for your reaction in advance.

Marc
Find a certified (LMO Labour Market Opinion) job offer. A B&B will not qualify for Business Immigration.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
For our Province Bed and Breakfast and Other Home based Busisnes is not eligible.But We look favorably on other Tourism Related Businesses.Check out our Province PNP website for Business Immigrants

ghiaskhan

I understand that your application for immigration to Canada is already under consideration as a
"Skilled Worker"and you are concerned about processing time. Please be clear as to whether you will make a new application under "Business Class immigration". You have also to get advise as to whether you will withdraw your existing application. If so what could be the benefit or disadvantage of such an action?

Processing time for All applications for permanent residence in year 2007 was almost simmilar as shown
in www.cic.gc.ca (Application processing times)

The table shows the number of months that were required to approve or refuse applications at visa offices around the world.

The length of time it takes to finalize applications may be different at different visa offices.

Past processing times may not indicate the length of time it will take to finalize applications in the future.Months Required to Finalize Applications [see note]
regards
gk