+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bridging work permit help!!

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
hello frnds! I need some help to apply bridging work permit. My PR is in process. Actually i know most of the things. I need to upload AOR and other documents. My husband WP is also expiring on same day as mine. He is dependant and i am primary applicant. So i am gonna apply my and my husband WP. so my question is that for my husband WP, do i need to submit a seperate applicantion through my cic account? so one application of my work permit or one application of my husband..or do he has to make his cic account and apply for his own?

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
hello frnds! I need some help to apply bridging work permit. My PR is in process. Actually i know most of the things. I need to upload AOR and other documents. My husband WP is also expiring on same day as mine. He is dependant and i am primary applicant. So i am gonna apply my and my husband WP. so my question is that for my husband WP, do i need to submit a seperate applicantion through my cic account? so one application of my work permit or one application of my husband..or do he has to make his cic account and apply for his own?
2 separate accounts of course! How did your husband get the first WP?

Reactions: jessy87

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
2 separate accounts of course! How did your husband get the first WP?
i was on study visa and then i got post graduate work permit. my husband got dependant Work permit. My lawyer said i can apply my husband wp through my account and only one application i hv to submit together. Its confusing though. I will search more. my lawyer is charging me 1000 dollar for WP which i can apply by myself. so just wanna make sure.. Thank you though

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
i was on study visa and then i got post graduate work permit. my husband got dependant Work permit. My lawyer said i can apply my husband wp through my account and only one application i hv to submit together. Its confusing though. I will search more. my lawyer is charging me 1000 dollar for WP which i can apply by myself. so just wanna make sure.. Thank you though
They are definitely two different applications, although they can be submitted at the same time, and your husband's application is dependent still on the success of your BOWP application. Suggest doing it yourself using the online application, it will give you instructions on how to link the two applications.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html