+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) Canada acknowledgement expired

PRABHUG

Jan 15, 2023
I submitted my PR application in September 2022. As per the application status, I cleared medicals in October and gave biometrics in October. After that I didn’t get any update.

My work permit got expired in November 2022 and I applied for the bridging visa in Sep 2022. They provide a letter that I can work up to 26th Jan 2023 or until decision made on Bridging visa application ,whichever is first. I didn’t hear any update on my bridging visa as well. I tried to reach IRCC many times. It is not connecting to customer service and disconnected due to high volume.

Can someone advise, what need to be done after 26th Jan 2023. Can I continue work or discontinue the work if I don't hear any update on PR and Bridging visa.

Reactions: Armstrong17

tokyotsui

Star Member
Nov 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24-11-2022
AOR Received.
24-11-2022
Passport Req..
27-04-2023
You can definitely work after January 26. I don’t know why IRCC still sending out those letters. Your right of work under maintained status is protected by the IRPR, some words on a piece of paper won’t change that. I am pretty sure IRCC did an explanation somewhere about this (usually this issue is for PGWP applicants) you can Google that. Again, I’m pretty sure you can keep working until a decision is made on your BOWP application.

PRABHUG

Jan 15, 2023
You can definitely work after January 26. I don’t know why IRCC still sending out those letters. Your right of work under maintained status is protected by the IRPR, some words on a piece of paper won’t change that. I am pretty sure IRCC did an explanation somewhere about this (usually this issue is for PGWP applicants) you can Google that. Again, I’m pretty sure you can keep working until a decision is made on your BOWP application.
Thank you for your response, this is what they gave in the letter.

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on ___September 28, 2022__ (yyyy/mm/dd).
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number XXXXX as proof that you
are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until January 26, 2023
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This
extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you
will no longer be authorized to continue working.

GiveMeSomeLuck

Jan 16, 2023
Thank you for your response, this is what they gave in the letter.

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on ___September 28, 2022__ (yyyy/mm/dd).
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number XXXXX as proof that you
are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until January 26, 2023
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This
extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you
will no longer be authorized to continue working.
You can continue to work even after the expiry date. Please refer to the website below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Dec 2, 2021
I submitted my PR application in September 2022. As per the application status, I cleared medicals in October and gave biometrics in October. After that I didn’t get any update.

My work permit got expired in November 2022 and I applied for the bridging visa in Sep 2022. They provide a letter that I can work up to 26th Jan 2023 or until decision made on Bridging visa application ,whichever is first. I didn’t hear any update on my bridging visa as well. I tried to reach IRCC many times. It is not connecting to customer service and disconnected due to high volume.

Can someone advise, what need to be done after 26th Jan 2023. Can I continue work or discontinue the work if I don't hear any update on PR and Bridging visa.
Yes, you can work as per the rules. IRCC has mentioned themselves that the letter they send is an automatic one. You can go through the link.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

Also, did you get your BOWP after you posted here by any chance?

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022

Hi,

In my case, I have got the PR application approval mail (i.e., received the PR Portal (PR Confirmation) mail), however, my BOWP application (that I submitted a day after submitting my PR application), still, has not reached any decision. Someone told me that, in my case, my BOWP application will now, automatically, get cancelled. Is that right, any idea? How did it go through at your end?

Thank you!