+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP vs Closed WP Extension

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I submitted my PR application and received my AOR yesterday. My current WP expires by end of this year. It looks like my employer might ask me to file BOWP instead of closed WP extension. The AOR clearly states the following.

You are cautioned that if we reject your application for permanent residence as incomplete:
• we will refuse your completed application for a bridging open work permit; and
• your processing fees for a bridging open work permit will not be refunded.
Does this mean that it is not guaranteed that BOWP will be approved until the R10 Completeness check is complete? I am just concerned that I don't have a lot of time left in my WP and if for some reason, the PR application doesn't go through, it ends up botching my BOWP application too.

Please advise.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
I submitted my PR application and received my AOR yesterday. My current WP expires by end of this year. It looks like my employer might ask me to file BOWP instead of closed WP extension. The AOR clearly states the following.

Does this mean that it is not guaranteed that BOWP will be approved until the R10 Completeness check is complete? I am just concerned that I don't have a lot of time left in my WP and if for some reason, the PR application doesn't go through, it ends up botching my BOWP application too.

Please advise.
Yes, BOWP is dependant on your PR application status and won't be approved until R10 is completed. If you're not sure about your application and your employer is willing to process a closed WP for you then you should go ahead with that, I don't see what's the big issue.

B

blu95

Please advise.
Hi, I’m in the same situation, did you end of applying for BOWP or asked for a wp extension? Thanks.