+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bowp approved, anyway I can pick up the permit?

youknowluke

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Calgary
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-11-2018
Hello,

Due to the Canada Post strike I do not think I will recieve my work permit before I leave to go back to the UK for Christmas. Is there anyway I can get the work permit by going to immigration at the airport? or worst case they issue it when I land back in Canada? I was on implied status after iec and I am just wondering the best way to get it. The permit is for a year open work permit and was issued under BOWP.

Which of these options can I take?
  • Flagpole
  • Entry when landing in Canada
  • Go to CIC office?
  • Go to Service Canada?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello,

Due to the Canada Post strike I do not think I will recieve my work permit before I leave to go back to the UK for Christmas. Is there anyway I can get the work permit by going to immigration at the airport? or worst case they issue it when I land back in Canada? I was on implied status after iec and I am just wondering the best way to get it. The permit is for a year open work permit and was issued under BOWP.

Which of these options can I take?
  • Flagpole
  • Entry when landing in Canada
  • Go to CIC office?
  • Go to Service Canada?
AFAIK, there is no other way to get it. Mail service is delayed,but if it has been issued, you should get it. But in the event you don't receive it before you leave, you shouldn't have any problem returning to Canada, and the immigration officers will be able to see that the permit was issued.

JuliettaG87

May 20, 2015
Yeah unfortunately I haven't received mine yet, and it was approved exactly two weeks ago today...hoping it'll arrive soon!