+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth and/or baptism certificate - Urgent urgent..pls

JarJes

Mar 22, 2009
IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS

Birth and/or baptism certificate

Note: If the birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original
documents establishing identity such as:

• Old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificate), and
• Voter's ID card.

Could you please give your advice regarding to prepare this above mentioned document? I don't have Birth Certificate from Government Authority. But now I am going to apply for the same with respective Municipality. I do have original Baptism certificate, School records, Voter's ID etc..

But as per the guide If the birth is registered late, then only I could attach Baptism, Educational docs, Voter's ID etc.,

What it the meaning of Registered late? Now I am going to apply for my birth certificate. Is this means that my birth has been registered late. In this situation, really I don't need to apply for birth certificate as I do have other alternate documents (Baptism Certificate, School records, Voter' ID) in handy. I am confused very badly....

Clarify me with you answers.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I think there are certain procedure for obtaining a belated birth certificate from Government department (Municipality or what ever it may be). That would cause some delay. So, if you have baptism certificate, get it attested by a Notary and submit together with attested copies of school certificate as supporting eveidance. In the mean time you can proceed for an official birth certificate too, which will be useful in future.