+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics

Lordtoolz

Dec 12, 2019
Hi Seniors,

I just got a bio metrics request letter, but on my application page it is showing my previous Biometrics details that i gave when applying for my study permit. It says my current biometrics will expire in 2025.

I gave this biometrics in july 2015 when i was applying for my study permit.

My question now is do i still need to provide a new biometrics?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi Seniors,

I just got a bio metrics request letter, but on my application page it is showing my previous Biometrics details that i gave when applying for my study permit. It says my current biometrics will expire in 2025.

I gave this biometrics in july 2015 when i was applying for my study permit.

My question now is do i still need to provide a new biometrics?
Yes, you do.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

"
Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application."

Reactions: Lordtoolz

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Yes, you do.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

"
Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application."

Hi,

This is clear. I applied for PR with my dependent who is now required to give biometrics. My question is, I am applying for Bridging open work permit and extending my son's study permit. There is no way or where to give biometrics now in Canada. I do not have to give my fingerprints again for extending my work permit, but my son has to. My question is if we get lucky and give biometrics soon for PR application, does he need to give it again for the Study permit Extention?